Japan CD-4 and JVC CD-4 Catalog!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I recently became unemplyed. So I have been trying to cut my record buying to zero. But as you all know that is easier said than done untill the last dollar is spent ;) Yesterday I went into an Asian grocery store that the GF has been bugging me to go to for months and WHOA they had two boxes of Japanese records! I found this CD-4 Quadradisc and got it for $3. But even better, it had a JVC Japan Quadradisc catalog/flyer with it (which is why I gave this it's own post)! I hope this catalog can help the quad discography! I was almost more excited for the catalog than the record lol. Sorry for crappy photos instead of scan. At some point I will try to make scans. Also was Japan Victor in a period of rebranding? The JVC logo branding was added with stickers to the OBI, labels and jacket like it was an update to branding.

ForumRunner_20151129_134159.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134222.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134252.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134312.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134336.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134357.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134418.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134445.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134508.jpg

ForumRunner_20151129_134529.jpg

Jeez, I just realised how bad the picture compression is on this forum. Now that they are uploaded they are completely unreadable :(

Jeez, I just realised how bad the picture compression is on this forum. Now that they are uploaded they are completely unreadable :(

Oh yes, now you say that I can't see any of the detail in the catalog/flyer.. I'll bet there are some juicy Japan exclusive discs listed in there! :p

Leave it to me to go into an Asian grocery store and come out with a quad record

The JVC stickering was done for records intended for Japanese markets that instead went to export channels. Since JVC in Japan use the same Nipper Dog logo that is granted to RCA in the US, t should disappear for US imported releases thru official channels.
Same kind of stickering for Columbia USA quads officially imported to Europe, where the Columbia words and logos were stickered with a CBS one.
Enough talk, please do the scan!!!! :)

Hey Q8, is there any chance you could upload the full-resolution pictures of this catalog to photobucket or something similar? I'd really like to have a closer look.

Q8,since there is enough desire for a good scan of your catalog, might I suggest emailing it to www.quadraphonic.info so we an all download it in the future? That way it isn't hosted on an image sever to get lost or taking up too many pixels on QQ. I will take this time to shamelessly plug this resource to get more quad info and schematics/user manuals uploaded there. It is really nice to have one website to find anything quad repair related and informational advertising too.

Back