Jean Jacques Perrey Quad reel “The Amazing Electric Pop Sound”

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doity

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Not sure about the tunes but the cover artwork is glorious. It must be a rare title because it is bidding up fast. Was this available in Q8 or was Vanguard mostly reel to reel?

47E895ED-F3AA-4D11-8199-20759278C7EC.jpeg

Jean Jacques Perrey Quadraphonic Reel To Reel Tape | eBay

Wow, they even reissued it in CD. Must had been a popular title.

I have the files, don't spend a lot unless you want it. We will ask Bob if he ever did this.

Moog music - Think Disney Electrical Parade. Really bounces around. French instrumentalist composer.
The second album that I ever bought!
Same here, went to DW in 1975 and bought both the Bicentennial LP and the Electrical Water Pageant 33rpm 7" which hopefully are still in Madrid...

For those of us in the Spanish (AND Portuguese), we were introduced early in life to the Electrical Water Pageant ("Baroque Hoedown") and to Jean Jacques Perrey's "The Elephant Never Forgets" from his Mood Indigo (which unfortunately never came out in Quad) in Chespirito's programs as the theme music for "El Chapulin Colorado" (Electrical Water Pageant ) and "El Chavo del Ocho"(The Elephant..")

Seems the Electrical Water Pageant one is pretty rare now...

And,
Moog music - Think Disney Electrical Parade. Really bounces around. French instrumentalist composer.
The second album that I ever bought!
And, if you're interested, Perrey-Kingsley's "Baroque Hoedown", which was also used by Disney, is on their "Kaleidoscopic Vibrations" album, and can be had (stereo only, I'm afraid) in a box set called "The Out Sound From Way In". It includes the two albums in which Perrey and Kingsley collaborated (the other being "The In Sound From Way Out"), and J.J. Perrey's two solo albums ("The New Electronic Pop Sound" and "Moog Indigo"). I got my copy from Amazon. "The New Electronic Pop Sound" was the only one made available in quad, and only on tape, as far as I know.

Interesting, never even knew about this. Though I was tipped off last year that Concord Music will be offering licensing on some of his multitracks they have transferred. I'm particularly interested in Moog Indigo. I don't think it has ever officially been remastered.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.43.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.43.59 AM.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 59
I just bought "The OUT Sound From Way IN. It is a compilation of all of the Perrey and Perrey-Kingsley albums released on Vanguard:

- The IN Sound From Way OUT - I have had this on a record since the late 1960s.

- Kaleidoscopic Vibrations (Spotlight on the Moog)

- The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean Jacques Perrey

- Moog Indigo

- Bonus CD of remixes

Back