Jean-Michel-Jarre Amazonia with 5.1 Download 04/09/21

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buyers beware! I purchased the CD to get the download but I wisely decide to listen to the album in Tidal today. I was expecting some kind of ambient music to accompany the exhibition and I was ok with that, but I found the listen terribly boring and uninspiring without a single tune to remember. Not my cup of tea (and don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ambient), so order cancelled.

Buyers beware! I purchased the CD to get the download but I wisely decide to listen to the album in Tidal today. I was expecting some kind of ambient music to accompany the exhibition and I was ok with that, but I found the listen terribly boring and uninspiring without a single tune to remember. Not my cup of tea (and don't get me wrong, I don't dislike ambient), so order cancelled.

Mine arrived this afternoon, but went on the to listen to pile, I got it for the surround download, may be I ought to give it a listen! Download card is valid until Dec 2025 though.

Mine arrived this afternoon, but went on the to listen to pile, I got it for the surround download, may be I ought to give it a listen! Download card is valid until Dec 2025 though.
It has potential in surround, lots of jungle noises, indigenous chants and rain, looking forward to your feedback

The surround mix is perfect.
Yes it‘s am ambient record, but I like the mood.
IMachine, on which platform do you play the 5.1 soundfile?
My Denon AVR 3805 does not recognize this as 5.1. Had no problems with other 5.1 waves so far.

Last edited:
I converted the wav to flac.
You can do it with Audacity or Foobar.
Thank your for your quick response. Unfortuantely Flac didn't work either.
The Amazonia wav file is far away from any 5.1 standard. Aero and all other 5.1 wav I own are different in channel layout, sampling rate, and format sign. (DTS)
Maybe I can do a dts format compatible mix of the single tracks in any software, let's see...

Attachments

• wav-differences.jpg
    wav-differences.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
The Amazonia wav file is far away from any 5.1 standard. Aero and all other 5.1 wav I own are different in channel layout, sampling rate, and format sign. (DTS)
Maybe I can do a dts format compatible mix of the single tracks in any software, let's see...
What can I say.
I converted the whole file in Audacity and it worked.

Channel layout looks ok for PCM, 1=L through to 6=Rb, 48kHz is ok for .wav, and its 24-bit which is also Ok. So it all looks OK.

The manual for the Denon AVR 3805 doesn't show it can handle PCM 5.1 just DTS/DD over the Co-ax/optical connections, if you're connecting via analogue then it is probably your player which can not handle the PCM 5.1 format.

Strange, my Oppo that plays virtually everything, fails with the 5.1 wav file. I'll try to convert to a different format tonight.
Anyway, what they did is very lazy, just sharing a continuous file with no cue associated.
Edit: my Sony X800 cannot play it either. Maybe there was an issue with my download, I'll also check this later. But the binaural file is fine

Trying to open the file with MMH, it returns an error: wav file does not begin with RIFF identifier
I downloaded the file again from Jarre's site and same result. I googled the error and it seems Audacity can recreate the missing RIFF header, going to give it a try now. But this points out to an error when creating the wav file. Damn...

Last edited:
Ok, I opened the file in Audacity and exported all channels to wav (leaving the LFE despite it being blank). And just that did the trick and now the file can be played everywhere.
I also sent a mail informing about the issue to the first mail address here:
https://jeanmicheljarre.com/contactIt will help if more people report the failure.
Thanks!

The manual for the Denon AVR 3805 doesn't show it can handle PCM 5.1 just DTS/DD over the Co-ax/optical connections, if you're connecting via analogue then it is probably your player which can not handle the PCM 5.1 format.

Yes, seems so. I will try to mix it to DD or DTS the next days. Thank you.

Finally, a friend of mine from an media agency converted it into standard DTS and that works fine on the Denon AVR.
Thank you everybody!

I made a DVDAUDIO disc of it in MLP losless soundformat using the following programs:
Channel split 24/44 by Dbpoweramp/making a MLP lossless file with Minnetonka/using Diswelder Chrome creating and burning a dvdaudio disc.
In Dicwelder chrome manual add of the 9 tracks duration.
Sounds very very good.....

Back