JEAN MICHEL JARRE - Welcome To The Other Side: Live In Notre-Dame Blu-Ray in Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Welcome To The Other Side: Live In Notre-Dame VR CD+Bluray+extras | PROGRESSIVE | Shop | Just for Kicks Music Shop and just under 20Euros
Edit: From amazon.co.uk £15.99

1627403617647.png

CD & Blu Ray Set incl:
- Full concert in 2D and DTS HD 5.0, Dolby True HD 5.0 and PCM Stereo
- Behind the Scenes / Making Of features
- Masterclass with Jean-Michel Jarre & Louis Cacciuttolo, CEO of VRrOOm
- Concert Audio Mix 5.0.
- 2 x 24 page booklets
- download code for binaural headphone mix
- QR code to visit UBISOFT 360 degree version of Notre-Dame de Paris

Last edited:
Its just arrived, and I opened it and did the download of the Binaural file - although it says valid until Dec 2025 I never believe it!
(Luckily I had Norton, as I miss typed the link and it took me to a dodgy financial site - these low life are everywhere! but Norton put my PC into their 'Isolation mode' so remote and not able to being hacked/PC compromised)

JeanMichelJarre_WelcomeToTheOtherSide_CD&BD.jpg

Its just arrived, and I opened it and did the download of the Binaural file - although it says valid until Dec 2025 I never believe it!
(Luckily I had Norton, as I miss typed the link and it took me to a dodgy financial site - these low life are everywhere! but Norton put my PC into their 'Isolation mode' so remote and not able to being hacked/PC compromised)

View attachment 71105
Got mine today as well Duncan.
Now playing it.

This is Jean back to his very best.

Firstly, the mix is wonderful.

Thought I would start this brief revue there, as the mix is blowing me away.

Secondly, although I suppose should really be firstly, the music 🎶 and what great music it is.

Thirdly, the graphics are thoughtful and sublime.

If you like Mr Jarre's music, then I can whole heartedly recommend this release.

A Very nice surprise.

View attachment 71105
Got mine today as well Duncan.
Now playing it.

This is Jean back to his very best.

Firstly, the mix is wonderful.

Thought I would start this brief revue there, as the mix is blowing me away.

Secondly, although I suppose should really be firstly, the music 🎶 and what great music it is.

Thirdly, the graphics are thoughtful and sublime.

If you like Mr Jarre's music, then I can whole heartedly recommend this release.

A Very nice surprise.

Many thanks Brit buddies: Great price in U.S. from ImportCD. Will ship on 9/17:

https://www.importcds.com/welcome-to-the-other-side/194398953427

Excellent value CD and Blu Ray set with a very discrete 5.0 surround mix, and although it’s only 50 mins long it does have a few extras including a different audio only 5.0 DTS-HD / Dolby TrueHD album mix (which excludes the added crowd noise).

It’s a little more dance based in its style than the Jarre I prefer - even Oxygene 4 is a reworked dance version - but as this was a New Years Eve streaming event and given some of his more recent Electronica releases it’s not surprising.

One small disappointment is that the 97 minute masterclass feature does not have English subtitles, despite this being stated on the cover, although the 15 minute making of feature does automatically have English subtitles when appropriate.

Recommended, especially at only £16.99, I even managed to get it at this price in my local HMV!

Last edited:
Got mine today from my local record shop.
Was really looking forward to another Jarre multichannel album. It had been far too long since 2004's aero.
After watching the streamed concert for the New Year, I was hoping he would release the whole thing on blu-ray in multichannel, but I wasn't putting too much hope in it.

The music and the mix are awesome. It is nice that they put both the actual concert and the album version and both in multichannel. I actually prefer the full concert version compared to the album version. I am still not sure they are the same recording. The album sounds like a different session and less organic, but I may be influenced by the visuals from the concert.

The additional downloads are also a nice touch although the binaural is just a single wav file rather than one file per track in flac. I also wish they would have use mShuttle on the blu-ray to include the different "downloads" directly on the disc.

Was really looking forward to another Jarre multichannel album. It had been far too long since 2004's aero.
After watching the streamed concert for the New Year, I was hoping he would release the whole thing on blu-ray in multichannel, but I wasn't putting too much hope in it.

The music and the mix are awesome. It is nice that they put both the actual concert and the album version and both in multichannel. I actually prefer the full concert version compared to the album version. I am still not sure they are the same recording. The album sounds like a different session and less organic, but I may be influenced by the visuals from the concert.

The additional downloads are also a nice touch although the binaural is just a single wav file rather than one file per track in flac. I also wish they would have use mShuttle on the blu-ray to include the different "downloads" directly on the disc.

Hi, I received my copy today. As far as I know, the difference between the album version and the concert is the last one was recorded live in the stream session and the album has been recorded in studio, but I think the concept mix is the same for both so it's really difficult to differentiate between them. Anyway I love the surround mix, really inmersive.

By the way, I was thinking to download the binaural file but I have a VR glasses and I would like to enjoy the show with them too. Do you know if you can access the VR video from a cell phone once you've donwloaded the audio file? I mean, can you use the code to access the video after dowonloading the audio from another device? Thanks in advance.

I don't have any VR glasses, don't even do games! Out of curiosity I downloaded the VR file when I got the disc, it was only about 7-6 minutes long. Nice high quality graphics, but stretched on a screen though!

I don't have any VR glasses, don't even do games! Out of curiosity I downloaded the VR file when I got the disc, it was only about 7-6 minutes long. Nice high quality graphics, but stretched on a screen though!
I had a similar problem with a stretched screen while the file was downloading but when I played the file afterwards on my PC using PowerDVD I was able to see the full 360 degree effect. I tried viewing the file on my main TV via my OPPO 203 and I could only view the stretched version so it looks as though the effect needs the right software to get the full effect.

I had a similar problem with a stretched screen while the file was downloading but when I played the file afterwards on my PC using PowerDVD I was able to see the full 360 degree effect. I tried viewing the file on my main TV via my OPPO 203 and I could only view the stretched version so it looks as though the effect needs the right software to get the full effect.

Didn't download the file yet but, if it's like the rest of 360 VR files, when you watch them in the cell/mobile phone you can get into the scene and you can turn around the stage just holding the phone in front of your eyes and going around. Also, if the file has the 3D option you will able to see it in 3D, so the experience is more inmersive. My glasses can't even be consider as VR glasses, they are cardboard glasses I got when I bought Megadeth Dystopia limited edition, you could use them to watch extra VR live content with a code.

You can even try to watch the film in 3D without glasses, you only have to watch to each side of the split screen with a different eye, it's difficult but not impossible. Youtube has a lot of 360 videos of roller coaster, wingsuit and things like that, even cultural content (see Dali video below). For me it's simply an extra feature but I think it's funny.

are the blu ray tracks downloadable, or do I need to rip them? I don’t even have a blu ray reader for my Mac any more

Thanks for the tip. I have the Jarre In China DVD and love the music and surround mix.
MMH worked like a charm on this masterpiece! Just had to copy the tracks and then using tagscanner everything came out perfect. Thanks.

are the blu ray tracks downloadable, or do I need to rip them? I don’t even have a blu ray reader for my Mac any more

Unfortunately not, neither the normal 2.0 nor the 5.0 mixes of the album are available for download, only the 2.0 binaural mix. You can buy the 2.0 mix off sites like Qobuz, but I haven't found the 5.0 mix for download off these sites yet.

Last edited:
Back