• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Jeff Beck Group - Truth

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I am looking for a new or used in MINT condition of this title, the SACD from Audio Fidelity of course.....if you have one available at a reasonable price please let me know by PMing me.....thanks so much in advance.:SB

Last edited:
Since your located out in the stratosphere those prices will have to be paid, thus the importance of buying right away in our hobby. Original MSRP of $29.99 the best deal is eBay at $124+ shipping. This titles value increased 400% in roughly 15 months. If your vigilant you may get lucky by finding one overseas or catch lightning in a jar on eBay like Ebaggins tries to do.(that would be a seller unaware of supply and demand value at this juncture and underprices the item). Good Luck........

Since your located out in the stratosphere those prices will have to be paid, thus the importance of buying right away in our hobby. Original MSRP of $29.99 the best deal is eBay at $124+ shipping. This titles value increased 400% in roughly 15 months. If your vigilant you may get lucky by finding one overseas or catch lightning in a jar on eBay like Ebaggins tries to do.(that would be a seller unaware of supply and demand value at this juncture and underprices the item). Good Luck........
Believe me I do all that and was debating at the time to get it or not.....now I wish I had bought a box of them

As the saying goes snooze you loose

Rather than saying what you won't pay, why not say how much you will pay? I often buy multiple copies of good titles when they are released, but I usually keep them to trade. Also, without knowing your location, you aren't telling potential sellers where they will be shipping the disk. I have two sealed copies of Truth. Maybe we can come up with a mutually-acceptable deal.

I'm looking for a copy of this, but refuse to pay the insane prices I see listed on eBay, Discogs. There's also talk of another release sometime in 2019.

The latest sold copy on eBay went for $89.50.
Maybe try a best offer on the one listed for $104?
There is no sale history on discogs, which indicates to me that no "sellers" there have priced to sell.
I pay little attention to asking prices and much more to actual sales, for reasons I find obvious.

I remember Pink Floyd's WYWH SACD was going for over $100 - 200 and some were buying at those prices. I got mine for $29 back when it was first released. And of course it was just reissued last year and selling again for a reasonable price. I'll wait for same with Truth.

Consider this perspective. The last time I sold a rare and valuable SACD for 'a good price', I sold it to someone who assured me that it was his wife's favourite album, and it was for her birthday. A few days later, it ended up on eBay (I had my suspicions) … and the final selling price was substantial. I learned a hard lesson.

As for the WYWH SACD, I sold my sealed copy for $100+ before they announced that it would be reissued. VERY few titles are reissued, so buy them while you can if you 'refuse' to pay market prices. Why should anyone sell a rare title for cheap … especially when it might be resold for profit?

Many sellers who have the foresight to buy multiple copies do so to be able to trade for other rare titles, not to bank profits. Selling at market price allows the purchase of other rare titles. There are two sides to every coin.

Last edited:
I have had every version of Truth since inception. I currently own all the modern day versions, most notable are the Japanese, Audio Fidelity, and HDTracks versions.
There is not a huge difference in any including the original RBCD.
My advice if looking for a 24bit version, two choices, Audio Fidelity and HDTracks, if unable to find the AF I would definitely go with the HDTracks which really sounds great for the money. I have both in my library and when A/B them it is really hard to tell difference. In fact when looking at the Dynamic Range supplied by my JRiver software player they both range from 9-12 on tracks and go exactly the same for the most part.
EDIT: This from CDJapan also good with 8 bonus tracks, I have this: CDJapan Truth
I noticed this Live Truth 1968, I don't have it, I think I should get it. Live Truth 1968

Last edited:
Consider this perspective. The last time I sold a rare and valuable SACD for 'a good price', I sold it to someone who assured me that it was his wife's favourite album, and it was for her birthday. A few days later, it ended up on eBay (I had my suspicions) … and the final selling price was substantial. I learned a hard lesson.

I know how that feels. I fully agree with the market price (within reason) sale.

I remember Pink Floyd's WYWH SACD was going for over $100 - 200 and some were buying at those prices. I got mine for $29 back when it was first released. And of course it was just reissued last year and selling again for a reasonable price. I'll wait for same with Truth.
HA! BSS has that beat, the DVD-Audio version once sold on e bay for $400.00

Going through this thread Snood was like :eek: Bought this SACD only because me love me Some Rod and Jeff together........Love this SACD.

when saw you guys talking prices was like huh nah :unsure:

But ya :eek: wtf o_O

Going through this thread Snood was like :eek: Bought this SACD only because me love me Some Rod and Jeff together........Love this SACD.

when saw you guys talking prices was like huh nah :unsure:

But ya :eek: wtf o_O

Truth is, I've owned the CD/Viny/Tape in so many configurations [Import, Domestic, etc] but Audio Fidelity, IMO, nailed it. And I paid 21 bucks for it BRAND NEW! Cheaper than the Japanese RBCD!

Last edited:
Back