Dual Disc Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Another missed opportunity. "Enhanced" stereo again. No surround. What a complete bunch of boneheads!! And is 48/16 really enhanced??? I think not.

I wouldn't be buying a Jennifer Lopez album regardless of whether or not it contained multi-channel mixes or hi-rez. That's my disclaimer.

However, I do wish there was a surround mix---just because I want to see more of 'em. (And, of course, I'd love to see true hi-rez DVD-Audio; but...)

BTW, I noticed a ton of these J.Lo DualDiscs at a little, teeny, tiny Wal-mart store yesterday (which was the first day it was released I think). I found it in the normal rack. And I even found 'em in the end aisle 'best seller' display. It's amazing to see DualDisc get such strong support from a general merchandise retailer, especially considering that this isn't a single-inventory release. On the other hand, I don't know if we can really expect it to continue. Why? Well... The Wal-mart had a lot of the SonyBMG DualDiscs, but I couldn't find a single DualDisc from Warner or Universal. I suppose we'll have to wait and see how well they sell.

Bob Romano said:
Another missed opportunity. "Enhanced" stereo again. No surround. What a complete bunch of boneheads!! And is 48/16 really enhanced??? I think not.

Well anything could be "enhanced." A sampling rate of 48 is above 44.1 so while certainly not "hi-rez" in any shape or form it could be considered "enhanced".

The DVD of music videos contained within Jennifer Lopez's CD + DVD set "The Reel Me" has genuine discrete 5.1 (Dolby Digital) mixes for every song. It's pretty cool! (y)

Back