BluRay Music Video Poll Jero, Alexander - SPACE OR DREAM OF LIFE [HD-DVD DTS-HD MA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the HD-DVD of Alexander Goldberg Jero - SPACE OR THE WAY OF LIFE

• 10: Great fidelity, Great Surround Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez Music HD-DVD recorded in 7.1 with DTS-HD Master Audio!! :phones

Also, please post what kind of equipment you used to listen to this presentation.

THANKS

:-jon

Attachments

• Space F.jpg
    Space F.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Space R.jpg
    Space R.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 224
Dear Friends, by invitation from Jon Urban I am glad to share my personal experience working on this titles.

"The Space or Dream of Life" project has history that I think may deserve your attention.

After graduating from Moscow Music College in 1996, I moved to the U.S., where I continued my education in Institute of Audio Research and Parsons School of Design in Manhattan. During these years, I collaborated with New York artists on different multimedia, music and art projects and exhibitions and come up with idea about 3-dimensional music projects where each individual sound will have its unique location in 3-dimensional Space. After graduating, I went to see my family in Michigan and met with several studio owners and recording engineers. Work in the Detroit metro area as a sound mixing engineer helped me gain the necessary skills and experience to pursue these ideas. My electronic music compositions and especially the influence of Detroit techno music, created what I felt was the perfect media for multichannel surround sound, with gracious melody lines taking their roots from classical music. I started performing live techno compositions directly from a keyboard workstation at Detroit clubs, and finalized idea about the scenario of multimedia presentation--to use visual art to complement the surround music experience--after seeing the movie "Contact".

After completing the music part of the project in Detroit area studios, I went to the New Detroit Science Center to complete the visual portion of his presentation. The 50-foot-wide, three-story-high planetarium, I felt, was the perfect environment in which to showcase the visual perception of the surround music experience. In 2003, Real Detroit Weekly wrote of the show, "Music has always been something you could only hear and never touch or see, but this exciting exhibit at the New Detroit Science Center let you get closer to sound than you ever have before. Inside the Digital Dome Planetarium, 13,000 watts of amplification and 5.1 Surround Sound will help to create a sonic experience that explodes into a visual installment in the 50-foot-wide/ three-story-high planetarium."

In February of 2003, United Entertainment Media and Surround Professional magazine chose Space or Dream of Life for the "Best New 5.1 Composition" award.
Now 5 years later I have decided to move this project to the higher media with 7.1 DTS-HD lossless Audio on HD DVD using unique space photography for High Def video presentation to complement Music Experience.

Appreciate your attention.

Alexander

Thanks for the insight on this disc. My copy just arrived from Amazon today and as of yet I have not listened to it, but I will soon.

It's nice to have an interface with the artists on projects like this. I hope you have good success with your HD-DVD Music Discs.

This is composition Breeze (5.1 wma file download)

from this album that was for me a real technical and creative discovery as a sound engineer and producer back in 2001. The creative objective of this composition “is a 3-dimensional music ballet there every sound is alive and moving with the bit in 3-Dimensional sound field. The wall of sound traveling in multiple directions complimenting harmony and melody lines will take your imagination to the frontiers and landscapes of new worlds”

Maybe easy to say but not that easy to achieve musically and sonically.

The hardest part was to balance all musical elements together and in the same time make a discrete perception of “waves of sound” moving towards and back from you that made me to develop various layers of original sound effects and synthesized pads to go along with surround automation to create real musical perception of it. I was working on this composition for several months sometimes changing and adding bits and melody lines until at some point I am clearly realize and heard in my head exactly how it should be sound in 3-Dimension. After that it is only required a techniques to deliver to a listener the 3-Dimensional Sound Reality Experience that I am working to achieve in all my projects no meter if its an electronic music or classic transcription.

More later.
Alexander

Back