Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Circle/Box/Rectangle is Complete. Amen.

Now if they would only re-issue a corrected version of TATB with the same style spine. Why is that one different than all the rest??? What is wrong with people?
IMG_3956.JPG

Now if they would only re-issue a corrected version of TATB with the same style spine. Why is that one different than all the rest??? What is wrong with people?
View attachment 73322

I had to laugh at this at first, but isn't Thick As A Brick the only one that doesn't have any extra content? It would actually make sense to reissue it if there are "associated recordings" and such to go with it.

Hard to believe, but the Amazon US follies with the Benefit reissue continue. It recently changed to being orderable from a third party only - fulfilled by Importcds no less (but for about $12 more than Importcds was charging) - plus $3.99 shipping AND it could not be delivered until Dec. 5! Now it's back to being fulfilled by Amazon with Prime free shipping at a slightly lower price, but will still take 2-4 weeks (as late as Dec. 8) to deliver. For me the main attraction for using Amazon is applying Prime points, but it's not worth the uncertainty when they screw up this badly. I switched my order (along with an order for TPT Nothing But The Truth BD) to Importcds - and both for just a few extra dollars in cost.

View attachment 73322
You know, actually it’s not insane to think we might request a high quality replacement spine sticker (a la Yesterday and Today) for us picky die hards?! I feel like that’d be a nice compromise and tip of the hat from them… if I was confident it wouldn’t peel off, I’d use it!

You know, actually it’s not insane to think we might request a high quality replacement spine sticker (a la Yesterday and Today) for us picky die hards?! I feel like that’d be a nice compromise and tip of the hat from them… if I was confident it wouldn’t peel off, I’d use it!
But the TAAB album cover is like no other JT release. Don't you think its appropriate that the deluxe version is that way as well?

But the TAAB album cover is like no other JT release. Don't you think its appropriate that the deluxe version is that way as well?
Yeah, totally - but I believe someone asked Ian about this in an interview (correcting it with a re-issue) and he basically said it's not going to happen. I think his words were "no, that's done and dusted". I don't like that answer, but I get it... so I was just thinking of what would be a possible solution and thought "well, if they provided the opportunity for us to get a professionally designed, high quality sticker to match the other releases, that we could put on the spine... then hey, that'd be something!"

Yeah, just checked - it was @newslane, who said:

According to Ian Anderson, they will not be reissued. I didn't own Thick As a Brick, and, since it was going for close to $300, I emailed him and asked him if I should wait until it was reissued. He said no - "done and dusted, bite the bullet and buy it now. Luckily, I held one back for myself."

UPDATE: What the heck, I sent a message to Andy Godfrey at BMG/Chrysalis. Can't hurt to try...

Last edited:
Has anyone listened to the new 50thAnniversary of Benefit yet? If so review please

I re-listened to the 2013 album remixes yesterday and they sounded better than ever.

The Tanglewood concert mixed by SW sounds good, a bit uneven, some parts are lost at times, but the live settings in the 60s-early 70s made the recordings generally hectic. The 5.1 mix is basic but perfectly appropriate considering.
The Chicago live is in mono from a cassette recorded at the time by the FOH engineer. It sounds surprisingly okay for its vintage, but it is not exactly balanced. It would probably have needed a sympathetic mastering and restoration to sound its best. As it is, it's a bit rough, but totally listenable and enjoyable. I think it is a more energetic performance than Tanglewood, so that kinda makes up for the sound quality.

I have to wait until Dec 22 to get my box set from amazon.com
Despite pre-ordering it when it was first announced. Amazon is getting worse

Amazon has been spotty for sure. I could be wrong but it seems like Bullmoose has been the most consistent getting items to customers near the release date during Covid. I ordered mine from Importcds and I was fortunate to get one and I got it on the 9th. Burning Shed does a great job too but with it coming overseas can take longer than usual. It's not their fault. I'm still waiting on my Air Blu ray that I pre-ordered. Based on my observations on the forum, it seems that the moose as a domestic shop has been very reliable during Covid.

I am changing my mind and going to cut Amazon some slack on this one.

My suspicion is that the distribution issue is on the ‎Rhino/Parlophone end. I unfortunately still remember the shipping issues Rhino had with the Dobbie Brother’s quad box release.

Agree with @The Pink Floyd that Amazon’s allotment is stuck somewhere at a port and the Rhino team can’t or don’t care about getting it moving.

I am changing my mind and going to cut Amazon some slack on this one.

My suspicion is that the distribution issue is on the ‎Rhino/Parlophone end. I unfortunately still remember the shipping issues Rhino had with the Dobbie Brother’s quad box release.

Agree with @The Pink Floyd that Amazon’s allotment is stuck somewhere at a port and the Rhino team can’t or don’t care about getting it moving.
Amazon has always been pretty reliable for me, especially with regular domestic products, but I think they've gotten significantly worse with anything unusual or imported, etc. (i.e. surround titles!) - whether that's from covid, supply chain, or something else, other retailers don't seem to be having the same issue. After seeing the latest Amazon delays and carefully comparing prices, I canceled my Amazon orders for Benefit and TPT's Nothing But The Truth and went with Importcds - it cost me just a few dollars more than Amazon. Literally 1 day after placing the orders I received shipping notices for both and they are expected next Mon. and Wed.

Has anyone else had an issue with the last track on the Tanglewood DVD that it’s all STILL PHOTOS? I’ve not seen anyones comments about that, I’m wondering if it’s just my disc

END OF AVAILABLE VIDEO!?

Anyone know what the story behind the missing video is?! I just might have not of ordered it if I had known that😩

To me that’s almost like missing video from CSN&Y footage missing from WOODSTOCK!! Yes I know Neil didn’t want to be filmed, why? I’d love to know

Last edited:
Has anyone else had an issue with the last track on the Tanglewood DVD that it’s all STILL PHOTOS? I’ve not seen anyones comments about that, I’m wondering if it’s just my disc

END OF AVAILABLE VIDEO!?

Anyone know what the story behind the missing video is?! I just might have not of ordered it if I had known that😩

To me that’s almost like missing video from CSN&Y footage missing from WOODSTOCK!! Yes I know Neil didn’t want to be filmed, why? I’d love to know
That's how my copy is as well.

m CSN&Y footage missing from WOODSTOCK!! Yes I know Neil didn’t want to be filmed, why? I’d love to know
Bits of interviews I've heard with him he says he aggressively told one or more of the camera operators to get the fuck out of his face or similar language. Perhaps embellished with comments like: Don't those things have zoom lenses?! Are you all just stupid? Butt hurt was established. Neil is not on camera for the performance.

Back