Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a4995954b5455056ef77ad9d1652cd2f.gif

A full surround remix with re-recorded real drums could significantly improve Under Wraps, assuming a complete re-recording is not feasible. This far into the catalog I'll probably buy all the rest of them regardless of what they do, but after Broadsword I'd really like to see Crest Of A Knave and Roots To Branches before any remaining titles.

Would love to see UW reimagined. Let Wilson take a more dramatic approach. If that is too much for some purist fans, we could do the reimagined album as a separate release. I would buy both.
Since number of discs doesn't seem to be a limiting factor with this series, I wouldn't mind having several mixes of Under Wraps in one package. They could remix the original faithfully as well as with improved drum samples, and then finally have a partial re-recording with a real drummer (Ian has explicitly mentioned in interviews as something he'd like to do).

My dream would be "Walk Into Light"/"Under Wraps" in one box plus associated recordings and a good concert recording freshly remixed. The Hammersmith 1984 shows are really good!​
I agree. One box to rule them all would be optimal. There is pro-shot concert footage from the Capitol Theater show in New Jersey. Ian's voice is pretty shot by this point.

I would love to hear Walk Into Light made a proper Tull album with drums and guitar fromm Perry and Barre. But that is a private fantasy that will never happen.

I agree. One box to rule them all would be optimal. There is pro-shot concert footage from the Capitol Theater show in New Jersey. Ian's voice is pretty shot by this point.
Plus the setlist on the Capitol Theater concert isn't as good as the Hammersmith Odeon shows: by then "Apogee", "Level Pegging", "Pussy Willow", "Made in England" and "European Legacy" had all been dropped. "Apogee", in particular, is a song that benefits a lot from the live setting because of the more upfront electric guitar and Doane Perry using a regular drum kit.

On the plus side it has the cool "My Sunday Feeling" medley.

Covering the bases. Has this not been officially listed yet? It's about time. Wish they would announce a Blu-ray. :devilish: 😇

Plus the setlist on the Capitol Theater concert isn't as good as the Hammersmith Odeon shows: by then "Apogee", "Level Pegging", "Pussy Willow", "Made in England" and "European Legacy" had all been dropped. "Apogee", in particular, is a song that benefits a lot from the live setting because of the more upfront electric guitar and Doane Perry using a regular drum kit.

On the plus side it has the cool "My Sunday Feeling" medley.
Cool. I thought the Hammersmith was only audio.

Inverness Sleeper 5.1

Me,Dinosaur stereo demo

DJ Dream stereo demo

Honest Girl stereo demo

+4 Instrumental 5.1

Broadsword 2023

I am curious about your opinion on the sound of the three demos. I am a bit disappointed. The Dinosaur and DJ tracks have been known about for some time, but I thought these were finished studio tracks. Not demos. How out of place would they sound next to the finished tracks we already have?

Back