Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious about your opinion on the sound of the three demos. I am a bit disappointed. The Dinosaur and DJ tracks have been known about for some time, but I thought these were finished studio tracks. Not demos. How out of place would they sound next to the finished tracks we already have?
No bad stereo sound, I liked all. My main concentration/involvement was for surround sound.

As a child I was indoctrinated into Jethro Tull superfan-ship like it was a cult. I had all of their albums, a witches promise performance and the "A" concert on VHS, recorded "off the telly" and would watch them regularly (I'd actually like to see the "A" concert again) and one of my prize possessions was my Strathaird Scottish Salmon t-shirt...

...all these years on (having been deprogrammed) I only have the 5.1 Minstrel in the Gallery, which was always my favourite.

It was more or less the same with Pink Floyd...Now I only have the Echo's and Pompeii multi-channels and the Pompeii re-pitch disc (which doesn't have the dark side of the moon stuff that was cut into the director's cut?), so it's more or less the same as the Pompeii VHS (which was the first VHS I ever owned)...

...watching the directors cut of Pompeii wasn't a good time for me; it was like someone had recorded over my favourite video. :rolleyes:

Anyway...just thought I'd stick my head round the doorframe and say hi...

...as you were. ;0)

Last edited:
As a child I was indoctrinated into Jethro Tull superfan-ship like it was a cult. I had all of their albums, a witches promise performance and the "A" concert on VHS, recorded "off the telly" and would watch them regularly (I'd actually like to see the "A" concert again) and one of my prize possessions was my Strathaird Scottish Salmon t-shirt...

...all these years on (having been deprogrammed) I only have the 5.1 Minstrel in the Gallery, which was always my favourite.

It was more or less the same with Pink Floyd...Now I only have the Echo's and Pompeii multi-channels and the Pompeii re-pitch disc (which doesn't have the dark side of the moon stuff that was cut into the director's cut?), so it's more or less the same as the Pompeii VHS (which was the first VHS I ever owned)...

...watching the directors cut of Pompeii wasn't a good time for me; it was like someone had recorded over my favourite video. :rolleyes:

Anyway...just thought I'd stick my head round the doorframe and say hi...

...as you were. ;0)
Just because we think Ian Anderson is the messiah, doesn't make us a cult.

EO5A9kpXUAIQC4-.jpg

Martin Barre is the messiah, Ian Anderson is God. Steven Wilson is a surround god. Dave Pegg is the all-time winner.

No heroes 🍿

"The graven image you-know-who?" ;0)

But seriously, no: absolutely not suggesting Tull fanship is in any way cultist; just (jokingly) describing my personal introduction to it as somewhat...insidious? 🤔

...although, that's not really much better is it. X0)

And who comes here to wish me well?

But seriously, no: absolutely not suggesting Tull fanship is in any way cultist; just (jokingly) describing my personal introduction to it as somewhat...insidious? 🤔

Step into the viewing room. The cameras were all around. We've got you taped; you're in the play. Here's your I.D. (Ideal for identifying one and all.) Invest your life in the memory bank; ours the interest and we thank you.

Cult of Tull = Banking hours = interest :unsure:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 🤑
Tull Cheers 🫖

I was just going along with the joke. Anderson is, at best, a prophet.

We are Monty Python Tull fans, I hope. With better jokes than Ian Anderson, I know. Jokers rule in Tull-land. :LOL:

Every important link working on this Broadsword Beast of a project is super busy with other projects and are working towards success with this and other more difficult Tull. I've been helping with a more dicey situation. Cooperation of all is needed at this time. (working on this) Tull treasures to be spilled I hope. Otherwise I will implode.

It was a new day yesterday
But it's an old day now
What constitutes "difficult Tull"?

Back