Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna guess that this will be some sort of audio/video live set. Maybe with newly discovered footage (TaaB, PP) or existing footage restored with A.I.

Last edited:
Patience. Christmas is just around the corner. Curse me if you want to. :LOL:
tumblr_m5ax1tfa5M1r72ht7o1_500.gif

You drive me ne-ne-ne-nervous :LOL: Merry Christmas

Ian apparently mentioned a 5.1 mix of the Madison Square Garden 1978 concert at the RokFlote premier.

There was a video DVD of this concert released in 2009 with 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital mixes. I don't have it and I've never heard it, but from an old post in this very thread, apparently it's not a discrete mix at all. Could it be that there's a new, more exciting mix of this concert in the works?
https://www.discogs.com/release/11630154-Jethro-Tull-Live-At-Madison-Square-Garden-1978
The Heavy Horses (New Shoes Edition) anniversary reissue from 2018 has a decent 5.1 mix of a 1978 concert, but it's from Berne (Switzerland), the same concert from which portions of the Bursting Out live album were taken.
https://www.discogs.com/release/11643819-Jethro-Tull-Heavy-Horses-New-Shoes-Edition

Last edited:
There was a video DVD of this concert released in 2009 with 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital mixes. I don't have it and I've never heard it, but from an old post in this very thread, apparently it's not a discrete mix at all. Could it be that there a new, more exciting mix of this concert in the works?
https://www.discogs.com/release/11630154-Jethro-Tull-Live-At-Madison-Square-Garden-1978
The Heavy Horses (New Shoe Edition) anniversary reissue from 2018 has a decent 5.1 mix of a 1978 concert, but it's from Berne (Switzerland), the same concert from which portions of the Bursting Out live album were taken.
https://www.discogs.com/release/11643819-Jethro-Tull-Heavy-Horses-New-Shoes-Edition
I hope this is not the big reveal. I would be rather underwhelmed.

Maybe it's just a reprint of the M SG 1978 DVD. They reprinted the around the World DVD set recently.
I am unsure of the origins of a supposed "big reveal". I haven't seen it clearly posted anywhere. Since BATB come sout in September and another studio album in early 2024, I don't think there is room for anything else until April 2024.
If I had to bet on something, it would be Walking into Light or Under Wraps, both albums that Ian is proud of.

"Aqualung-My God Blog

Last night saw the Dolby Atmos premiere of the new Jethro Tull álbum RökFlöte at the Dolby Screenings Room in London. Ian Anderson was in attendance, alongside Bruce Soord who undertook the Dolby Atmos mix, to take part in a Q&A before a playback of the new record. Here some Q&A.
Question:
This is the fastest release since the previous album since 1980 - does this suggest an increased enthusiasm for recording?.
Answer:
Well, the break between releases with the Tull name, I'd worked on a couple of books, the box sets, Thick As A Brick 2, Homo Erraticus, the Jethro Tull String Quartets...I was still keeping myself pretty busy.
Question:
Why the Broadsword book-set as been delayed so long?.
Answer:
I understood the need to plan releases nine months in advance, but everything was ready for a July 2022 release. It will be the biggest reissue of the lot in terms of bonus material and it's a shame that somebody "clearly screwed up". But it will be released in 2023, I promise.
I am enthusiastic about a book-set of Under Wraps but only if a suitable drummer could be found to replicate the machine drumming on the original.
Question:
Did you like to see all the remaining albums elevated to book-set series status?.
Answer:
Mmm, I would if record companies chose to see the value of his catalogue while the window exists.
Question:
Any plans about more boxsets?
Answer:
Steven Wilson has just finished a 5:1 surround sound mix of a complete Madison Square Gardens concert from 1978 to accompany a reissue of Bursting Out.

Thanks Richard Mills."

"Aqualung-My God Blog

Last night saw the Dolby Atmos premiere of the new Jethro Tull álbum RökFlöte at the Dolby Screenings Room in London. Ian Anderson was in attendance, alongside Bruce Soord who undertook the Dolby Atmos mix, to take part in a Q&A before a playback of the new record. Here some Q&A.
Question:
This is the fastest release since the previous album since 1980 - does this suggest an increased enthusiasm for recording?.
Answer:
Well, the break between releases with the Tull name, I'd worked on a couple of books, the box sets, Thick As A Brick 2, Homo Erraticus, the Jethro Tull String Quartets...I was still keeping myself pretty busy.
Question:
Why the Broadsword book-set as been delayed so long?.
Answer:
I understood the need to plan releases nine months in advance, but everything was ready for a July 2022 release. It will be the biggest reissue of the lot in terms of bonus material and it's a shame that somebody "clearly screwed up". But it will be released in 2023, I promise.
I am enthusiastic about a book-set of Under Wraps but only if a suitable drummer could be found to replicate the machine drumming on the original.
Question:
Did you like to see all the remaining albums elevated to book-set series status?.
Answer:
Mmm, I would if record companies chose to see the value of his catalogue while the window exists.
Question:
Any plans about more boxsets?
Answer:
Steven Wilson has just finished a 5:1 surround sound mix of a complete Madison Square Gardens concert from 1978 to accompany a reissue of Bursting Out.

Thanks Richard Mills."
Dude, you are the one who does the "reEQing" and upsampling of the videos on YT! I like your stuff!!

Back