Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt get you your hopes up for a surround version of the new album.
The surround und slbums were from Chrysalis Jethro Tulls previous distributor. The new album is from a different label they have signed with.
Im more worried that it means the end of the surround albums.
I eas hoping for surround versions of Crest of A Knave, Catfish Rising, Broadsword and the Beast etc

I think I would keep my hopes up as......... JETHRO TULL and IAN ANDERSON have a good record of releasing surround titles from EMI/CHRYSALIS , WARNER/PARLOPHONE/CHRYSALIS , K SCOPE , and EAGLE VISION.

And If they don't , no harm done.

Wow. Is Barre back in the fold?
Unfortunatley no, it appears. From the Tull website:

The band currently consists of:
Ian Anderson - Flute, acoustic guitar, harmonica, vocals
Joe Parrish-James – Guitar
Florian Opahle - Guitar (album only)
Scott Hammond – Drums.
John O’Hara - Piano, keyboards and accordion
David Goodier - Bass guitar

I wonder what the reason is for reverting back to the Jethro Tull identification. It seemed like Anderson had pretty much decided to leave the Tull band name in the past.
So are you saying Ian is

LITP.jpg

I didn't think of that. It's the most probable answer. The Tull brand has a lot more recognition than solo Anderson.
That was the reason the planned solo album "A" (for "Anderson") became a Tull one back in 1980. Anderson talks about his regrets about that after agreeing with Chrysalis Records to do so in the recent "A" box set. He termed it "probably a big mistake" by which he meant "a personal, artistic sell-out in terms of appeasing the record company and making their job easier in terms of giving them the incentive to work the album".

So are you saying Ian is

View attachment 69051

I'd still love to see Ian release that album in its Surround entirety , FWIW

Yes yes I know the majority of those tracks are available in surround on the various Tull album books , but I'm a bit nostalgic ....so that's my primary reason.
Plus I'd like to be a completist for all the Tulls.

Yes yes I know the majority of those tracks are available in surround on the various Tull album books , but I'm a bit nostalgic ....so that's my primary reason.

Also, it would sell nicely to the "casual" Tull fans...assuming such creatures actually exist.

One of my all time fav. LP covers from back in the day as well, the texture, the color, just gorgeous! So yeah, I’d buy one too for sure.

"Attention 4 Cheaper Tull 5.1 fans"

For all you Jethro Tull fans still looking for Tull 5.1 at decent prices ....try ....Acoustic Sounds .com

They have -Minstrel , -Songs From The Wood , and others for a very reasonable price .
Approximately 40-50 US DOLLAR$

I know I paid close to $70.00 cdn for all my copies locally , and now some of these I noticed on line fetch 2nd mortgage type prices.

Happy hunting. :)

"Attention 4 Cheaper Tull 5.1 fans"

For all you Jethro Tull fans still looking for Tull 5.1 at decent prices ....try ....Acoustic Sounds .com

They have -Minstrel , -Songs From The Wood , and others for a very reasonable price .
Approximately 40-50 US DOLLAR$

I know I paid close to $70.00 cdn for all my copies locally , and now some of these I noticed on line fetch 2nd mortgage type prices.

Happy hunting. :)

the Songs From The Wood title has been on out of stock on that site for awhile. If you click the link, you get a “Notify Me” option for when it is back in stock.

unless there has been another pressing, seriously doubt the 5.1 disc will come available from them again…

Back