Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only ones not on backorder are Stormwatch and This Was
I missed that entirely .

And the only ones I see in stock are" A" and "This Was" .

Unless you go to the Jethro Tull ,vinyl and dvd section .
the Songs From The Wood title has been on out of stock on that site for awhile. If you click the link, you get a “Notify Me” option for when it is back in stock.

unless there has been another pressing, seriously doubt the 5.1 disc will come available from them again…

Sorry to get your hopes up. I missed that indicator on the right hand side, entirely.
:(

I have everything Jethro Tull has produced on box set and everything has been ordered from overseas. Australia is a useless place to get virtually any box sets unless you are prepared to pay a fortune. Amazon is still the best option in my opinion.

I have everything Jethro Tull has produced on box set and everything has been ordered from overseas. Australia is a useless place to get virtually any box sets unless you are prepared to pay a fortune...
Agree, same here. My usual suspects for ordering box sets to Australia are: Burning Shed (UK, prog. stuff like Tull, VAT deducted), Import CDs (USA), and jpc.de (German, they knock of the tax outside the EU).

I have everything Jethro Tull has produced on box set and everything has been ordered from overseas. Australia is a useless place to get virtually any box sets unless you are prepared to pay a fortune. Amazon is still the best option in my opinion.
Totally agree. I think the last time I looked, A, Heavy Horses and This Was were the only Tull sets still available at JB either NZ or Au

Did they find the multitrack to "The Witch's Promise" this time?
I tried making an upmix of that when I assembled Living In The Past for myself. And the other couple missing tracks. (with actual effort, not upmix software) Turned out just so-so. I'd love it if they found this one!

Did they find the multitrack to "The Witch's Promise" this time?

Good question s j .
A lot of time has passed since Steven Wilson wrote this article in 2013 , about that particular song.
(So I wonder too, if they found that particular multi .)

:unsure:

20210928_131356.jpg

Looks like this is running ~$45.00 US - not bad for a 2dvd/4cd hard bound book set. It will be interesting to see if the price drops significantly at any of the usual sellers. I'm in of course despite having already purchased the collector's edition - I need it to match all the others on my shelf and this has always been one of my favorite JT titles. Apparently Mr. Wilson has not tweaked the surround mix in any way - I'd hoped he might have done so after all this time and additional experience just to sweeten the double dip - but the 2013 mix is excellent and you get some live material missing from the earlier release. I'd rather hear some Tull in Atmos anyway, but they'd need to change the format in order to do something like that (although dropping the dvd's and adding a single blu-ray would seem quite reasonable at this point). I'm hoping they consider that for the upcoming Broadsword And The Beast. This is a no-brainer for anyone who missed the earlier edition.

Back