Jethro Tull 5.1 ("Broadsword & The Beast" box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Burning Shed listing seems to imply a new—or at least updated—set of Steven Wilson remixes for the 50th Benefit, as the earlier 2013 mixes are specified separately. 🤔
After reading the info provided @ The Burning Shed, I got the same impression as you did jedijoker.
That there was a different mix included with this... .

I wondered what the cost for the artist/label are issuing a blu ray as opposed to DTS DVD?
This question comes up a lot. We need to remember that it's not just the cost they have to take into account, but the benefit. I get the impression that some labels still think that being on bluray will put people off. I know that sounds unlikely but even if it's not true, they might believe it. But I certainly still do see the occasional comment complaining that a new release is on blu ray rather than DVD (not on QQ).

My Aqualung BluRay was fine originally. Then it partially died about 3 years later. Finally went kaput but I am unsure of the timeline. Somewhat later timeline for my brother’s copy
Sorry you can correct me if I’m wrong but the faulty disc was a DVD from TAAB which the company sent out replacement discs for and actually did a second pressing eventually

Sorry you can correct me if I’m wrong but the faulty disc was a DVD from TAAB which the company sent out replacement discs for and actually did a second pressing eventually

The Blu-Ray edition of Aqualung suffered from mastering issues as well - there are a number of dropouts in both the stereo & 5.1 audio streams, and the overall sound quality is somewhat harsh due to the EQ applied by Peter Mew (though not nearly as bad as the original Thick As A Brick DVD). Replacement Blu-Ray discs were never issued, but the 2016 book-sized edition offered unmastered versions of SW's remixes on DVD with no glitches.

The reports of total disc failure are a more-recent phenomenon, likely due to the Blu-Ray being pressed by Optimal Media (who are also responsible for the failing Pink Floyd Blu-Rays).
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/jethro-tull-aqualung-bluray-audio-failing.28494/

Actually we had both defective discs. 2 TAAB DVD’s and 2 Blu Ray Aqualungs. Record company made good on the DVD’s but I never saw anything about replacement Blu Rays for the Aqua’s.

I'm inclined to agree with @LuvMyQuad in that the track listing is probably correct, while the ad copy is misleading.

Indeed, here's a pic from the back of the Benefit bookset:

242555157_1753930588126989_2239483398490381967_n.jpg

I’m currently looking and searching the READERS POLE for anything JT has done….why is only Aqualung the only one coming up?

Aqualung was the only one issued in hi-res. If you want to see the polls for the other Tull titles, do a search under the "Audio DVDs" tab.

I’m currently looking and searching the READERS POLE for anything JT has done….why is only Aqualung the only one coming up?
The easiest way is to click the artist column header. That will sort the list by artist, page through to the Js. They are all there.

Also be sure you are looking at DVDVs, not the high res releases. Only Aqualung came out in high res.

Back