Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The album's name! It's rumoured that this record was going to be Ian Anderson's solo, but in the end Martin and him from the original Tull participated and decided to use the band's name instead. "A" was supposedly to refer to Anderson.
Not their best album, but there are some worse
I'll be damned. Never heard of it. ha

I've just read about the mix in Sound & Vision:
Wilson: Well, I've done [August 1980's] A for them, yeah. Umm, in my defense, I didn't know at the time Jakko was in the running to do it. But basically, I had more time because of lockdown, and I told them, "Look, I'm available now if you still want me to do it"—and they asked me to do it. They didn't tell me about Jakko—but anyway, cut a long story short, I did a couple of things during lockdown I didn't think I was going to have the time to do originally, but obviously I did have the time because of the lockdown scenario.

I had told them I was done with the Tull catalog because I thought I was going to be too busy with The Future Bites. As the lockdown transpired, I had a year to do a lot more stuff I didn't think I was going to have the time for doing—and A was one of them.
And there's more:
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/steven-wilson-hi-res-man-people

I dont know these later albums at all. I have to assume if Wilson is remixing A he must like or respect the music.......so Ill check it out.

5-jethro-tull-bill-oleary.jpg

Jethro Tull by Bill O'Leary
JethroTull10-9-1980cBillOLeary007-696x456.jpg

Progressive rock concert photography. Jethro Tull concert pictures in 1980

Back