Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm checking out the 5.1 for the first time--a much more active surround mix than Stormwatch. There's some wild around-the-room panning in "The Pine Marten's Jig". As I'd hoped, the rhythm section finally has some 'punch' and impact in the remix--I can't see how anyone would prefer the original version to this.

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I'm checking out the 5.1 for the first time--a much more active surround mix than Stormwatch. There's some wild around-the-room panning in "The Pine Marten's Jig". As I'd hoped, the rhythm section finally has some 'punch' and impact in the remix--I can't see how anyone would prefer the original version to this.

Thank you for posting truly useful information about this release.

The rest of you, carry on posting about purchasing it.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
DVD 2 - LA Sports Arena show locks up my OPPO BDP-103 during track 12, Trio Instrumental, across all three audio streams. Stereo, DTS and DD.
Anyone else having trouble at this point in the show?

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Are "Crossfire" (Extended) and "Working John, Working Joe" (Take 4) supposed to be in 5.1? Ripping both the DTS and AC3 options yields a 5.1 file that only has audio in the front speakers. The other three associated recordings sound great in surround.

Crossfire Extended.jpg

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Are "Crossfire" (Extended) and "Working John, Working Joe" (Take 4) supposed to be in 5.1? Ripping both the DTS and AC3 options yields a 5.1 file that only has audio in the front speakers. The other three associated recordings sound great in surround.

View attachment 66245
"5 associated tracks, 3 in surround" per the booklet.

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
"5 associated tracks, 3 in surround" per the booklet.
Interesting. I guess they didn't want the stereo-only tracks to be inaccessible from the surround playlist? Shame, as I would've used the extended "Crossfire" in lieu of the original on my digital copy.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Interesting. I guess they didn't want the stereo-only tracks to be inaccessible from the surround playlist? Shame, as I would've used the extended "Crossfire" in lieu of the original on my digital copy.
Any chance you wanna check DVD 2 for any problems during track 12?

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
DVD 2 - LA Sports Arena show locks up my OPPO BDP-103 during track 12, Trio Instrumental, across all three audio streams. Stereo, DTS and DD.
Anyone else having trouble at this point in the show?
Can you try it on another DVD player? I suspect that is when there is a layer switch on a double layer DVD, I have had similar things happen, plays on one machine but not another as it didn't like something done in the authoring.