Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw an online ad from Deep Discount indicating a price drop as well.
Does anyone know if they adjust pre-orders for pricing discounts?
I may have overlooked any clarification on the policy page.

The album's name! It's rumoured that this record was going to be Ian Anderson's solo, but in the end Martin and him from the original Tull participated and decided to use the band's name instead. "A" was supposedly to refer to Anderson.
Not their best album, but there are some worse
Can anyone confirm that this originally hit the market as an IA solo release, and later versions came under the Jethro Tull name? I seem to remember seeing this in the stores as a solo record. But that's a long time ago and my memory might be off. Just curious.

My recollection is "A" was recorded and finished as an Ian Anderson solo release, but Chrysalis Records wanted it released as a Jethro Tull album. The record company won .It was never released as an IA solo album.
There is only a track or two that sounds anything like previous Tull releases. The band was disintegrating at the time and this was a "fresh sound" for Ian.

I just saw an online ad from Deep Discount indicating a price drop as well.
Does anyone know if they adjust pre-orders for pricing discounts?
I may have overlooked any clarification on the policy page.
They do not adjust pre-order pricing. You have to cancel and re-order. (I had a pre-order at their sister company, ImportCDs, and did this successfully. There's an email form to cancel, and it was processed in a day or so.)

Can anyone confirm that this originally hit the market as an IA solo release, and later versions came under the Jethro Tull name? I seem to remember seeing this in the stores as a solo record. But that's a long time ago and my memory might be off. Just curious.

It never appeared as an Anderson solo album, only as a JT album. The first work to ever be released as an IA album was Walk Into Light in 1983.

I preordered from JPC. I have no idea of I can cancel and buy cheaper as per above
Everything I get from them is in German. If they remove the VAT looks like I will be close to above price. But of course I will be waiting for the shipping.
Oh well they did right by me for the Focus box set.

I mention earlier in another thread, that I'd purchased the Tears For Fears -The Seeds of Love box set from JPC. They answered an inquiry I had in English not German.
Everything went well with that order & I'd definitely purchase from them again.
If the difference in price is negligible, I'd just stay with them.

JPC are a class outfit, good pricing, they remove the VAT (unlike some) and shipping costs are reasonable.

One of my parcels went missing (Santana SACDs) and they refunded me with no quibble. My next order was In Search Of Hades and R&L Thompson's Hard Luck Stories and it arrived in Australia from Germany in under 4 weeks. pretty good given the state of global freight at the moment.

I've haven't always been as lucky with the ImportCds/Deep Discount/WOWHD conglomerate with a few non-shipped orders and orders cancelled with no reason, but my Neil Young Archives Vol II has shipped.

If pricing is close stay with JPC IMHO.

Cheers

Martin

JPC are a class outfit, good pricing, they remove the VAT (unlike some) and shipping costs are reasonable.

One of my parcels went missing (Santana SACDs) and they refunded me with no quibble. My next order was In Search Of Hades and R&L Thompson's Hard Luck Stories and it arrived in Australia from Germany in under 4 weeks. pretty good given the state of global freight at the moment.

I've haven't always been as lucky with the ImportCds/Deep Discount/WOWHD conglomerate with a few non-shipped orders and orders cancelled with no reason, but my Neil Young Archives Vol II has shipped.

If pricing is close stay with JPC IMHO.

Cheers

Martin
IDJIT DRAGON,
You mentioned about the Neil Young Archives Vol II. I only see this available in CDs, is that correct? No DVD-A or Blu-ray versions?:confused:
...I thought Neil Young was an audio purist of sorts?

IDJIT DRAGON,
You mentioned about the Neil Young Archives Vol II. I only see this available in CDs, is that correct? No DVD-A or Blu-ray versions?:confused:
...I thought Neil Young was an audio purist of sorts?
The only Bluray audio discs Neil Young did were Americana, Archives 1 and Psychedelic Pill. I don't believe he did any else unless I'm wrong. There were a few other DVDA and DVD-V audio discs but overall I don't believe he has put anything out on DVD or Bluray in years.

The only Bluray audio discs Neil Young did were Americana, Archives 1 and Psychedelic Pill. I don't believe he did any else unless I'm wrong. There were a few other DVDA and DVD-V audio discs but overall I don't believe he has put anything out on DVD or Bluray in years.
Le Noise was Blu Ray and DVD.
There are a number of archive releases that came as CD and Blu ray or CD and DVD packages

Yes, nothing in DVD-A or Bluray for a while. I have the Archives Vol1 in bluray and this is what I have in DVD-A (plus a few HiRes (96kHz/24 bit) stereo CDs)

Greendale
Harvest
On The Beach
Road Rock Vol 1
Hawks And Doves
Re-Actor
American Stars 'N Bars

Sorry about the off-topic wandering

Cheers

Martin

Great news for the Broadsword Fans (top 5 JT for me), Ian in the following interview confirms that Steven is working on the Broadsword Box Set as his next project.
'He is about to embark on yet another (remix) for us. He always said he would finish at the end of the seventies but he is going to work on the Broadsword album from 1982 as the next project'

Ian Anderson on Jethro Tull’s A – A La Mode: 40th Anniversary Edition Box-set, remixed by Seven Wilson – The Progressive Aspect – TPA

Wow! That's cool. I never heard Broadsword but I look forward to ordering it. I am looking forward to hearing "A" this month.

Great news for the Broadsword Fans (top 5 JT for me), Ian in the following interview confirms that Steven is working on the Broadsword Box Set as his next project.
'He is about to embark on yet another (remix) for us. He always said he would finish at the end of the seventies but he is going to work on the Broadsword album from 1982 as the next project'

Ian Anderson on Jethro Tull’s A – A La Mode: 40th Anniversary Edition Box-set, remixed by Seven Wilson – The Progressive Aspect – TPA
That was an interesting read, thanks for the link. Exciting news about Broadsword, it'll be a worthy addition to the JT remix collection.

Great news! Remember when we all thought he'd stop at Stormwatch? I bet this really will be his last one for Tull though.

Back