Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uHIDTbo.jpg

So far, so good...

Next 5.1! :D
Z7wE1p0.jpg

Cheers!
What? No Christmas Album????

Maybe when they re-issue Benefit in a similar container, they’ll reissue TAAB with the logo on top 😃. My copy came today around 4:30 from Amazon. I will check it out tonight
😬 Watch someone in production change Benefit to mess with us. It's the Tull way.

Watching...He's still watching 🎼

Beautiful package, great essays, lots of extras, excellent sound, very weak songs. Sorry, was really disappointed when this first came out back in the day. No better now.
I hear ya. But I have the rest of the deluxe sets, and for 30 bucks, I'm gonna continue to buy them. Still, there is no doubt I'd rather this release be Crest or Catfish. I'll duck for cover when i say this... but I'd even welcome the Christmas album over the rest (Yes...im talkin' about you Broadsword).

This deluxe series has suprised me in the past with little nuggets of greatness when I least expect it. Even an upgrade of the Slipstream video is a good plus.

I hear ya. But I have the rest of the deluxe sets, and for 30 bucks, I'm gonna continue to buy them. Still, there is no doubt I'd rather this release be Crest or Catfish. I'll duck for cover when i say this... but I'd even welcome the Christmas album over the rest (Yes...im talkin' about you Broadsword).

This deluxe series has suprised me in the past with little nuggets of greatness when I least expect it. Even an upgrade of the Slipstream video is a good plus.
Must have 5.1, Broadsword with bonus tracks is the most important 1980's Tull album for me. Absolute favourite here.
Cheers! 😈

I received this in the mail yesterday and have listened to it twice now--just the album disc so far. I quite dig this! (but then, I'm the type of person who thinks "Drama" is one of Yes' best albums).

I love the fretless bass sound on this, as well as Jobson's keyboards and violin. For the rest, it pretty much sounds like a Jethro Tull album, to me. The extra tracks are great as well. The mix is fantastic, as was to be expected.

Was not going to buy this disc online fwiw , and I wasn't in a big rush all because ;
The local shops almost always bring in a couple copies , but as a precedent it's usually a couple weeks after release date.

So imagine my surprise when I went to a record store I never frequent , and there it is !
Picked mine up yesterday.

:)

Was lazy at let my Amazon US preorder ride, even though there were cheaper options popping up.
Final Amazon US cost was $42.50.
How'd everyone else do?

Also, Slipstream in DTS 5.1... Dayumm!!!
Same here. 42.50-Amazon. I had a few Amazon gift cards, so I opted to order from them

Back