Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree @person57 .

a bit high here. But it's Tull so why not.

Attachments

• 20210418_075645.jpg
    20210418_075645.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 121
I'm checking out the 5.1 for the first time--a much more active surround mix than Stormwatch. There's some wild around-the-room panning in "The Pine Marten's Jig". As I'd hoped, the rhythm section finally has some 'punch' and impact in the remix--I can't see how anyone would prefer the original version to this.

I'm checking out the 5.1 for the first time--a much more active surround mix than Stormwatch. There's some wild around-the-room panning in "The Pine Marten's Jig". As I'd hoped, the rhythm section finally has some 'punch' and impact in the remix--I can't see how anyone would prefer the original version to this.

Thank you for posting truly useful information about this release.

The rest of you, carry on posting about purchasing it.

Are "Crossfire" (Extended) and "Working John, Working Joe" (Take 4) supposed to be in 5.1? Ripping both the DTS and AC3 options yields a 5.1 file that only has audio in the front speakers. The other three associated recordings sound great in surround.

Crossfire Extended.jpg

Are "Crossfire" (Extended) and "Working John, Working Joe" (Take 4) supposed to be in 5.1? Ripping both the DTS and AC3 options yields a 5.1 file that only has audio in the front speakers. The other three associated recordings sound great in surround.

View attachment 66245
"5 associated tracks, 3 in surround" per the booklet.

DVD 2 - LA Sports Arena show locks up my OPPO BDP-103 during track 12, Trio Instrumental, across all three audio streams. Stereo, DTS and DD.
Anyone else having trouble at this point in the show?
Can you try it on another DVD player? I suspect that is when there is a layer switch on a double layer DVD, I have had similar things happen, plays on one machine but not another as it didn't like something done in the authoring.

Back