• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - A Passion Play (An Extended Performance) [DTS DVD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - A PASSION PLAY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

jimfisheye

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I always thought Stand Up thru Minstrel were the over the top amazing Tull albums with this one and TAAB being the center point. Fantastic mix from Steve Wilson on all points! I don't think he missed anything. The Chateau Sessions is a genuine lost album with songs and music that is the real deal from the center point of this period. It's like hearing a major album from them from an alternate universe or something. Incomplete parts aside of course. But the fully finished tracks that never resurfaced are greatness.

You have to understand that this album was their tongue and cheek response to bands like Yes and ELP making more and more complex music. (TAAB was their response to album side long songs. "Ours is the whole album long!") You end up laughing out loud often wondering how they even keep the chord changes straight! Definitely not an album for background music. If you were looking for something catchy like Bungle in the Jungle, this is the polar opposite! That album flip sequence is still a winner. That film they made for it...

1973. This, Yes Tales, Floyd Dark Side... Was everyone dosed or something? :D

Muppet69

Must say that out of the two albums (Passion Play and the Chateau version) in this set l tend to enjoy Chateau slightly more but really like Passion. I think it’s because I liked the unfinished work from the 20 years of JT box set, scenario,audition suite and had always thought they sounded very interesting. Out of all the surround sets of which I have all but Benefit simply because I’m waiting for it to be done like the rest of them, I listen to A passion plays box most. Weird?

angelandharvey

I have all of the Wilson JT boxes except for TAAB and A Passion Play is my least favorite by a wide margin. Based on all the positive reviews here, I’ll have to revisit it with an open mind.
Good morning every one ,I am new to your site so I am not sure if ,this is the correct spot to talk about my recent good luck with putting my Quad set-up together ,I was able to score a amazing recording of Jethro Tull Aqualung on Chrysalis label (Quadradisc /CD-4 Channel Discrete ) I believe it was engineer by John Burns ,its in near mint condition and listing said it was a first pressing ,on the back of the cover it said it was made in either Oxford St. London or 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank ,Calif. hard to tell for sure where it was pressed but any way ,I also scored a CD-4 / Quad JVC phono cartridge and a NOS Stylus for it and of course I had to pay up for it ,but ,still affordable ,set it all up on my turntable and pumped it through my Pioneer QX-646 receiver this has the built in modulator I believe ,I ran it through the different modes SQ ,CD-4 ,and straight 4-Channel all played very well when I went on to focus on the CD-4 setting and a red light came on and was going off and on , I had very little, to no distortion after a while the needle started to break in I guess and it was playing great , also it let me adjust the 2 small knobs under the read out for the different modes (separation ) is what it reads over the 2 small knobs and seams to increase the volume some or is it just getting dialed in better ?? ,sorry if this post is getting to long ,stay safe my friends ,Peace and love to all ,Angel and Harvey (Regards Robert)

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Good morning every one ,I am new to your site so I am not sure if ,this is the correct spot to talk about my recent good luck with putting my Quad set-up together ,I was able to score a amazing recording of Jethro Tull Aqualung on Chrysalis label (Quadradisc /CD-4 Channel Discrete ) I believe it was engineer by John Burns ,its in near mint condition and listing said it was a first pressing ,on the back of the cover it said it was made in either Oxford St. London or 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank ,Calif. hard to tell for sure where it was pressed but any way ,I also scored a CD-4 / Quad JVC phono cartridge and a NOS Stylus for it and of course I had to pay up for it ,but ,still affordable ,set it all up on my turntable and pumped it through my Pioneer QX-646 receiver this has the built in modulator I believe ,I ran it through the different modes SQ ,CD-4 ,and straight 4-Channel all played very well when I went on to focus on the CD-4 setting and a red light came on and was going off and on , I had very little, to no distortion after a while the needle started to break in I guess and it was playing great , also it let me adjust the 2 small knobs under the read out for the different modes (separation ) is what it reads over the 2 small knobs and seams to increase the volume some or is it just getting dialed in better ?? ,sorry if this post is getting to long ,stay safe my friends ,Peace and love to all ,Angel and Harvey (Regards Robert)
This is not the right place. Notice this is a poll thread. Its supposed to be for discussing the subject release and to explain your vote. There is a new member thread that would be a better start for you, and a lot of places to discuss equipment. There is also a poll thread specifically for the JT Aqualung Quadradisc you mentioned.

And welcome to QQ.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is not the right place. Notice this is a poll thread. Its supposed to be for discussing the subject release and to explain your vote. There is a new member thread that would be a better start for you, and a lot of places to discuss equipment. There is also a poll thread specifically for the JT Aqualung Quadradisc you mentioned.

And welcome to QQ.
Welcome! Here is the link to the Welcome Thread. A good place to start..

Welcome Thread...