HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I wanted to note that both on the Blu-Ray and the DVD adapted edition, the quad mix is released incorrectly, with the back left channel in the incorrect polarity (compared to the rest of the mix), the LFE is out of phase (sometimes to the point of being a whole second out of sync), and the back channels of "Hymn 43"' appear to be swapped. I talk about the issue here with a few audio examples!
Fixing Aqualung's Quad Mix: The Back Left Channel's Incorrect Polarity; Sometimes Laughably Out of Phase LFE; Swapped Back Channels of "Hymn 43"

Fixing up these issues reveals a really beautiful mix!

I vote for the 4.1 mix. I simply love it. It's limit is how it was originally recorded I think, especially muffled vocals; I wished to finally ear Anderson shiny clear, they managed to bring his flute 🪈 to life though. (I don't know if the far-off effect on voice is intentional, but I personally think a more in your face approach would make this landmark album even more powerful)

Back