Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Currently available for $101 at Importcds...this is for the 40th Ann box set with Blu-Ray.grab it now.....any discount codes for them anyone?
ImportCDs does a 10% discount maybe once a year. (Their prices are already almost always lower than their sister site, DeepDiscount.)

I would just say that if these are original stock, then given the experience many of have had with disc rot: Buyer Beware. I'm sure they'll refund defective product--but not if you keep it unwrapped and only discover the defect months or years from now.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
ImportCDs does a 10% discount maybe once a year. (Their prices are already almost always lower than their sister site, DeepDiscount.)

I would just say that if these are original stock, then given the experience many of have had with disc rot: Buyer Beware. I'm sure they'll refund defective product--but not if you keep it unwrapped and only discover the defect months or years from now.
Currently aware of that situation...mine never rotted....thinking of buying more if I can get a discount code...just HATE HATE HATE their customer service...just don’t get me going on that topic....but some times as BOB BARKER used to say “Come on down MM, your the next contestant on The Price Is Right!!🤣🤣🤣

I’ve also got the book set as well :)

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Currently available for $101 at Importcds...this is for the 40th Ann box set with Blu-Ray.grab it now.....any discount codes for them anyone?
The members who were on here several years ago probably bought a set because they were blowing them out at under $30...I bought 3 extra copies and sold them for a modest profit....it was either importcds or deepdiscount...

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The members who were on here several years ago probably bought a set because they were blowing them out at under $30...I bought 3 extra copies and sold them for a modest profit....it was either importcds or deepdiscount...
DeepDiscount, yeah. October 2017. $33 and change, shipped.

Shikoku

Tried to play my blu-ray today and it's dying. For the 5.1 mix it won't play anything before LB; choose play album or any track before and it just jumps to LB. The bonus songs play fine and the quad mix plays. Tried it in my Oppo 103 and Sony UBP X800.

The disc has been well-treated and there's no visible damage. I cleaned it twice w microfiber- first dry then wet. No dice. It's like a certain section of the disc just became inaccessible. Very bummed.
I bought used copy last week and had a similar problem with the Blu Ray. The first 2 tracks (Aqualung & Cross...) will not play in 5.1. However, the Quad plays fine. I decided to not to return it as the 5.1 was on the DVD. Yeah, not the same as the BR but still a nice listen.

Mcallister

300 Club - QQ All-Star
finally picked up the Blu-Ray box for a decent price. I was weary about the issues going on with BR rot but thankfully mine seems to have no issues. Plays fine, was able to rip MKV files and backup the disc.

this sounds damn good, SW killed this one in my opinion.gonna have to give this one a solid 9.

NYMo

QQ Supporter
Played my NOS for the first time yesterday...had never heard Tull in surround before.
What a mind blowing experience with Stevens mix !
Only problem on my Blueray was , after a couple of tracks ended ( can't remember which ones) there was a bleed through of the last second replayed again but at much lower volume.
Other than Martins guitar being way too loud ( as it was on the original recording ) everything else was great.
Was interested to read that this was the third recorded attempt at the album.
Included book is sumptuous and I'm very happy to have waited 10 years to get this in my collection !
I voted 9

Tres Discrete

QQ Supporter
Played my NOS for the first time yesterday...had never heard Tull in surround before.
What a mind blowing experience with Stevens mix !
Only problem on my Blueray was , after a couple of tracks ended ( can't remember which ones) there was a bleed through of the last second replayed again but at much lower volume.
Other than Martins guitar being way too loud ( as it was on the original recording ) everything else was great.
Was interested to read that this was the third recorded attempt at the album.
Included book is sumptuous and I'm very happy to have waited 10 years to get this in my collection !
I voted 9
NOS? 🤔

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Certain discs have been problematic. Including this one and the DSotM Immersion blu-ray. There seems to be a correlation between how much you paid for the disc and the likelihood of failure... :oops::mad:👺
Yes Optimal pressed discs, shoddy production for some reason the materials they use and their quality control has been at times very poor especially with Pink Floyd High production runs

JediJoker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Acronym for 'New Old Stock'

Toy collectors often use this term
I think "NOS" is actually more prevalent in the automotive industry, as in unused original parts for discontinued/older models. "NIB," or "new in box," is the term preferred by toy collectors. NOS generally implies retail stock; NIB simply refers to the condition of the item.