HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I have the same concerns. Many blu's from high dollar sets have been reported going bad. It seems like DVD has had much less incidence of failure. Something in the blu spec or just poor manufacturing?QC? Very troublesome as I have many movies, concerts and lots of music on BR.

Tried to play my blu-ray today and it's dying. For the 5.1 mix it won't play anything before LB; choose play album or any track before and it just jumps to LB. The bonus songs play fine and the quad mix plays. Tried it in my Oppo 103 and Sony UBP X800.

The disc has been well-treated and there's no visible damage. I cleaned it twice w microfiber- first dry then wet. No dice. It's like a certain section of the disc just became inaccessible. Very bummed.
My blu-ray disc is showing same symptoms. Oppo 103 fails similar to yours, but my Oppo 83 can play it.

Not sure if it matters but I had Oppo replace the blu-ray laser on the Oppo 83 about 2-3 years ago.
I can still read the quad mix and 5.1 mix from the DVD on the Oppo 103.

Pheww
Pulled out my bluray copy from the box set and played the first two songs in 5.1 forget which flavor played without any problems I listened on an Oppo 205. I know I played this on my Oppo 95 when I first got it.
Where there different pressing runs of this?

Currently available for $101 at Importcds...this is for the 40th Ann box set with Blu-Ray.grab it now.....any discount codes for them anyone?

The members who were on here several years ago probably bought a set because they were blowing them out at under $30...I bought 3 extra copies and sold them for a modest profit....it was either importcds or deepdiscount...

Tried to play my blu-ray today and it's dying. For the 5.1 mix it won't play anything before LB; choose play album or any track before and it just jumps to LB. The bonus songs play fine and the quad mix plays. Tried it in my Oppo 103 and Sony UBP X800.

The disc has been well-treated and there's no visible damage. I cleaned it twice w microfiber- first dry then wet. No dice. It's like a certain section of the disc just became inaccessible. Very bummed.
I bought used copy last week and had a similar problem with the Blu Ray. The first 2 tracks (Aqualung & Cross...) will not play in 5.1. However, the Quad plays fine. I decided to not to return it as the 5.1 was on the DVD. Yeah, not the same as the BR but still a nice listen.

finally picked up the Blu-Ray box for a decent price. I was weary about the issues going on with BR rot but thankfully mine seems to have no issues. Plays fine, was able to rip MKV files and backup the disc.

this sounds damn good, SW killed this one in my opinion.gonna have to give this one a solid 9.

Played my NOS for the first time yesterday...had never heard Tull in surround before.
What a mind blowing experience with Stevens mix !
Only problem on my Blueray was , after a couple of tracks ended ( can't remember which ones) there was a bleed through of the last second replayed again but at much lower volume.
Other than Martins guitar being way too loud ( as it was on the original recording ) everything else was great.
Was interested to read that this was the third recorded attempt at the album.
Included book is sumptuous and I'm very happy to have waited 10 years to get this in my collection !
I voted 9

Been telling people for year's, how GREAT the Blu-Ray Audio sounds
Just crank it up, & play Aqualung, or Cross Eyed Mary
Sound is Ethereal good!
Enjoy
You’ve never had problems with your BR disc and ROT? Just wondering because I’ve never opened up my copy yet, and just wondering

Certain discs have been problematic. Including this one and the DSotM Immersion blu-ray. There seems to be a correlation between how much you paid for the disc and the likelihood of failure... :oops::mad:👺
Yes Optimal pressed discs, shoddy production for some reason the materials they use and their quality control has been at times very poor especially with Pink Floyd High production runs

Back