DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - BENEFIT [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - BENEFIT

• Total voters
Wasent familiar w this one. Really only know the hits n more like Aqualong taab

Like it n has good instrutmentation. Love his flute.
Gave it a 9.

And yeah a plaer i had had blue light for sacd n dvda. And I'm like wtf??? Where is my light.

Oh yeah its really DVD v

I received an email this morning from Jethro Tull entitled "Benefit 50th Anniversary" with some cool facts about the album and at the bottom of the email, it said "More celebrations of ‘Benefit’ are to come later this year…"

I think that means they have some kind of new deluxe edition planned, probably in the book format that became standard practice after the 2013 release. Here's hoping they found the multitrack tapes for "The Witch's Promise" so SW can now remix that track in 5.1 surround!

:)

I received an email this morning from Jethro Tull entitled "Benefit 50th Anniversary" with some cool facts about the album and at the bottom of the email, it said "More celebrations of ‘Benefit’ are to come later this year…"

I think that means they have some kind of new deluxe edition planned, probably in the book format that became standard practice after the 2013 release. Here's hoping they found the multitrack tapes for "The Witch's Promise" so SW can now remix that track in 5.1 surround!

That would be great! Then mine would all fit nicely together on my shelf!

Certain seller's of CD's were told that Songs from the wood, and Minstrel..., we're going to be re-released in the 5.1 boxes. Who in the world told them that, I'd like to know!!! Doesn't look like it!!!!!!!

There should be way more excitement here over the pending upcoming re-release of this (sure just pending, but still) and this thread can retire comfortably while "Living In The Past" 🤤

I don't think there will be any new surround content in this new book edition, but there will probably be one or two additional discs of live audio from the 1970 tour. There's a few recordings they have to choose from...

I don't think there will be any new surround content in this new book edition, but there will probably be one or two additional discs of live audio from the 1970 tour. There's a few recordings they have to choose from...

But it does give us the chance (those of us that missed it the first time around) to buy it at a reasonable cost as a re-pressing, would it not?

But it does give us the chance (those of us that missed it the first time around) to buy it at a reasonable cost as a re-pressing, would it not?

Oh of course!
I just don't want people to get their hopes up that there's gonna be unreleased surround content in this new set, cause there probably won't be, but it will still be worth getting all the same.

Does anybody know for sure, that there will be no Re-issue of Songs from the wood-5.1 -40th anniv-?

I am just getting around to rating stuff I have owned for years but only listened to in stereo or <ahem> soundbar 5.1.
Surround Mix: SW working his magic as he so often does. 9 = 2.7
Audio Fidelity: This album is new to me so I can't compare it to what has come before. The music certainly dates itself but the sound is great. 9 = 2.7
Content: Not really an album I was familiar with before the SW Remix. It is decent enough, but seems like a band in transition stil trying to decide what they wanted to play. It is hard to belive that next up is the seminal Aqualung. 8 = 2.4
Package: Good value 8 but dick move to have it a different size from the others -1. 6 = .6
8.4 = 8

Mix: 4/5: All corners filled. Mainly as you'd expect, though a little eccentric at times, almost certainly due to limitations of source. Some nice ambience e.g. flute on first track, vocals on T7. Drums spread around a bit weird at times. T9 the mix goes crazy to match the psych music, which is fun.
Sound: 4/5: Very good. Bass drum nicely boosted by sub.
Music: 3/5: Solid, some nice gtr, flute as always but the songs don't grab you that much. Will hopefully grow on me.

Weighted score = 3*4 + 2*4 + 1*3 = 12 + 8 + 3 = 23/30 = 7.67 = 8

As usual with Tull, the book and extras make this set one of the very best value for money surround releases ever. (I have the updated book edition.)

Love it 😍
IMG_4560.jpeg

Back