Jethro Tull--List Your Top 5

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny. Jethro Tull is my all time favorite band. None of my friends know them. But I'm also minority in the JT fan camp because I much prefer their later stuff compared to early albums.

Got to see JT twice, broadsword tour then JTull.com tour , always liked 'em dont know if I can rank the albums but
Love Aqualung but listened to it billions of time
Thick as a Brick is probably a better album but as someone else said it is NOT background music
Warchild Im pretty sure was my introduction to Tull as I remember hearing "Bungle" on the radio
I think SFTW was the first Tull album I bought

Ohh boy.. my turn!

1. Stand Up
2. This Was

3. TAAB

4. Heavy Horses
5. Songs from the woods

Two very distinctive bands, with a cool concept album in the center.

The raw power of the blues Tull..
( Crank up " Love Story " and see what I mean )

The creative and innovative TAAB

The modern spin on English folk music that is Horses and woods.

Love this band!

Ohh boy.. my turn!

1. Stand Up
2. This Was

3. TAAB

4. Heavy Horses
5. Songs from the woods

Two very distinctive bands, with a cool concept album in the center.

The raw power of the blues Tull..
( Crank up " Love Story " and see what I mean )

The creative and innovative TAAB

The modern spin on English folk music that is Horses and woods.

Love this band!
Stand Up is probably the best of all. ;)

Anderson’s stage persona veered from Elvo – the nickname bestowed on him by his bandmates after a fan had excitedly blurted out how much he sounded like Elvis – and Anderson’s own “distorted idea that I might be a musical version of Patrick McGoohan in Dangerman, a slightly mean and moody kind of thing.” Since moving from Scotland, Anderson felt “my accent was a bit of a mess anyway. So I became the Patrick McGoohan of rhythm and blues.”

https://www.loudersound.com/features/jethro-tull-s-ian-anderson-the-blues-roots-of-a-prog-hero

Stand Up is probably the best of all. ;)

Anderson’s stage persona veered from Elvo – the nickname bestowed on him by his bandmates after a fan had excitedly blurted out how much he sounded like Elvis – and Anderson’s own “distorted idea that I might be a musical version of Patrick McGoohan in Dangerman, a slightly mean and moody kind of thing.” Since moving from Scotland, Anderson felt “my accent was a bit of a mess anyway. So I became the Patrick McGoohan of rhythm and blues.”

https://www.loudersound.com/features/jethro-tull-s-ian-anderson-the-blues-roots-of-a-prog-hero

Ditto from me on Stand Up.

We got McGoohan over here as Secret Agent, with a Johnny Rivers theme song and guitar lick anyone could learn.
Which did you get in Canada?

"Secret Agent Man" is a song written by P. F. Sloan and Steve Barri.[1] The most famous recording of the song was made by Johnny Rivers for the opening titles of the American broadcast of the British spy series Danger Man, which aired in the U.S. as Secret Agent from 1964 to 1966.[1] Rivers's version peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #4 on the Canadian RPM chart, one of the biggest hits of his career. Numerous covers and adaptations have been recorded since then with the song becoming both a rock standard and one of Johnny Rivers's signature songs.

According to composer P.F. Sloan, the American television network that licensed Danger Man, CBS, solicited publishers to contribute a 15-second piece of music for the opening of the U.S. show to replace the small section of the British theme, an instrumental by Edwin Astley entitled "High Wire", which started each episode.[2]
CBS executives were worried the show might not be successful without a "hummable" theme song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Agent_Man_(Johnny_Rivers_song)

Ditto from me on Stand Up.

We got McGoohan over here as Secret Agent, with a Johnny Rivers theme song and guitar lick anyone could learn.
Which did you get in Canada?

"Secret Agent Man" is a song written by P. F. Sloan and Steve Barri.[1] The most famous recording of the song was made by Johnny Rivers for the opening titles of the American broadcast of the British spy series Danger Man, which aired in the U.S. as Secret Agent from 1964 to 1966.[1] Rivers's version peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #4 on the Canadian RPM chart, one of the biggest hits of his career. Numerous covers and adaptations have been recorded since then with the song becoming both a rock standard and one of Johnny Rivers's signature songs.

According to composer P.F. Sloan, the American television network that licensed Danger Man, CBS, solicited publishers to contribute a 15-second piece of music for the opening of the U.S. show to replace the small section of the British theme, an instrumental by Edwin Astley entitled "High Wire", which started each episode.[2]
CBS executives were worried the show might not be successful without a "hummable" theme song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Agent_Man_(Johnny_Rivers_song)
Making me think. :unsure: I remember Danger Man in the UK. Secret Agent Man was the same in Canada as the US I believe. The tune caught me, as a kid it was fun.

🇬🇧🇨🇦🇺🇸

Back