Jethro Tull--List Your Top 5

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The day might dictate the order, but the my top five are:

This Was
Stand Up
Songs From The Wood
Stormwatch
Crest of a Knave

As a non-studio pick, I really enjoyed 20 Years of Jethro Tull.

The booksets have certainly given me an appreciation for albums I didn’t initially care for and I’m hoping the series runs through as many of the remaining albums as possible.

I am a musical byproduct of older brothers! I hated their stuff growing up then in the 80s little by little started buy lots of the same stuff! Two albums on my list were albums my brothers listened to a lot and the other three I discovered by becoming a bigger Tull fan than any of my brothers.

Auqalung
Thick as a Brick
A Passion Play
Songs From the Wood
Broadsword and the Beast

I have all of the book sets and love them all. However these are easily my top picks from simply how much I played them!

I am a musical byproduct of older brothers! I hated their stuff growing up then in the 80s little by little started buy lots of the same stuff! Two albums on my list were albums my brothers listened to a lot and the other three I discovered by becoming a bigger Tull fan than any of my brothers.

Aqualung
Thick as a Brick
A Passion Play
Songs From the Wood
Broadsword and the Beast

I have all of the book sets and love them all. However these are easily my top picks from simply how much I played them!
:cool:Broadsword book-set is a treasure. Enjoy. Well worth the wait.

1- Living In The Past 1972
* I know; but it was my first JT LP and I’ve always adored that album cover also; thickly textured with a soft Ox-blood color and gold trim!

2- Aqualung

3- This Was (Steven Wilson mix :love: )

4- Stand Up

5- Thick As A Brick

Order subject to change ;)
Order subject to change: :D
Broadsword
Stormwatch
Minstrel in the Gallery
Heavy Horses
Songs From the Wood

:cool:Broadsword book-set is a treasure. Enjoy. Well worth the wait.
I was super bummed when it got bumped from last year to this year! Knowing we are getting close is very exciting! I have the 20 year box from the 80s and loved all the unreleased stuff from Broadsword! Honestly I personally could stop buying the book sets after this and be ok musically! My ocd would probably not allow me to not complete the series though. I’m sure no one here understands that😀

While listing top 5 Jethro Tull album, I have to start with an Ian Anderson album :)

Ian Anderson - Divinities
Songs from the Wood
Thick as a Brick
Stand Up
Heavy Horses

I was super bummed when it got bumped from last year to this year! Knowing we are getting close is very exciting! I have the 20 year box from the 80s and loved all the unreleased stuff from Broadsword! Honestly I personally could stop buying the book sets after this and be ok musically! My ocd would probably not allow me to not complete the series though. I’m sure no one here understands that😀
Broadsword has been a real Beastie delayed book-set. Final product isn't always the same as the preview I get. I have a collection of glitches to play over and over from other sets. A Small Cigar wins. ;) Broadsword might be the first album without a sound glitch found by me. I always want better menus, adjustments. Stay tuned for more. Pencil in September for Broadsword.

tea cheers

I have not heard every Tull album. Of those I've heard, these are my top five:

5. Thick As A Brick

4. A Passion Play

3. Heavy Horses

2. Songs From The Wood

1. Minstrel In The Gallery

Honorable mention to Aqualung.

I have horrible taste.

Favorite Song - Too Old to Rock & Roll

5: Christmas Album :)
4: Broadsword
3: War Child
2: Stormwatch
1: Crest of the Knave
Great list. Knave first is cool.
And they bark at you from every side.
But the bite goes wide.

Grammy applause.
funny-dogs-clapping-a8f2tftcp2qhpahg.gif

Awesome! I love how that sounds. I've never heard that album at all! I'll be psyched for this one in surround.
We can't talk Tull through American football. :LOL: You will feel like the Bears won the Super Bowl in quad.

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
It works for me on a Tuesday :alien:
5 Under Wraps
4 Rock Island
3 Catfish Rising
2 Roots To Branches
1 Dot Com
5140K5KZF3L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

We'll have Superman for president Let Robin save the day

Back