HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - RÖKFLÖTE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Jethro Tull - RÖKFLÖTE

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2023 release from Jethro Tull entitled "RökFlöte"
The 3-disc deluxe edition from InsideOut Music includes an audio-only Blu-Ray with 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes from The Pineapple Thief's Bruce Soord.

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:

RokFlote_80104678_thumbnail_2048.jpg

IUARuD6GORC_CD7769420.jpeg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/new-jethro-tull-album-spring-2023.33192/

This has Ian in his element.
He is a fantastic flute player.
To incorporate that in rock music is always something to admire.

My own view is that this is one of his better releases, in his later years.

The music is great
The fidelity is great
The mix is great

Well done Ian and Bruce in keeping the soul of Jethro Tull alive.

A worthy 10

Last edited:
Voted a very solid 9. First, the hardcover art book packaging is very nice with a high quality look and feel - discs are firmly locked into front cover nubs ( none of that dreaded flimsy cardboard slit pocket nonsense). The overall production and sound quality is great - one of the best sounding JT recordings I've heard with the band in top form. On top of that, the Bruce Soord Atmos mix is fantastic, providing a truly immersive sound bubble with strong directional activity across all the channels. Although Ian Anderson's voice is only a shadow of what it once was, he more than makes up for it with song writing and flute playing that is better than ever. In addition, the vocals are mixed and arranged very cleverly to accommodate his limitations. For me the bottom line is that while the vocals do not add anything significant to the experience, nor do they detract from it. This is an album I can see returning to more often than most of the post Crest Of A Knave JT releases. I'm amazed that Ian Anderson is still capable of this kind of quality output after all this time.

Jethro Tull receives regular attention on this forum. RÖKFLÖTE has been largely positively received around the world. It strikes me that there are few comments here.
I quickly awarded this title a 10 after a few first listens. I still stand by that. It's Jethro Tull, the music is good and it sounds fantastic (especially in surround). The only downside I have is that the video clips published well in advance are missing. That would have been a nice extra (a 10 +)

As much as I dread re-buying the same catalog over and over, I'm hopeful that some of the titles will be re-released on blu-ray with Atmos. This is already happening with some bands, so I wouldn't be surprised if JT follows at some point.

This just sounds glaringly unmixed!

I initially heard the stereo mix before discovering the 12 channel. Thought it was an unfortunate crushed stereo copy version (like you still get often these days). I was looking forward to hearing the "real version" then when I discovered they did a 12 channel mix! This might be even less together than the stereo copy unfortunately.

Weird radio voice over style on some of the vocals with his voice awkwardly dry and loud in center channel and the music compressed and dimmed as background. Other wired moments where the vocal switches between the front L/R pair and center at different levels in each. Sounds unintentional. This is awkward for even a rough mix. Kind of a throw away vibe especially with the back catalog setting the bar from the original mixes to the Wilson remixes. This is just botched! Too bad too because it sounds like some actually interesting material for a change.

Back