Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always look forward to seeing what bonus tracks get unearthed!
There's 5 bonus tracks from the "Stormwatch" sessions that have already been released:

"A Stitch in Time", "Crossword", "Kelpie", and "King Henry's Madrigal" (all bonus tracks on the remastered "Stormwatch" CD) plus "Broadford Bazaar" (a bonus track on the remastered "Heavy Horses" CD)
I wonder what else they could have in the vaults!

:)

There's 5 bonus tracks from the "Stormwatch" sessions that have already been released:

"A Stitch in Time", "Crossword", "Kelpie", and "King Henry's Madrigal" (all bonus tracks on the remastered "Stormwatch" CD) plus "Broadford Bazaar" (a bonus track on the remastered "Heavy Horses" CD)

I own all of the Tulls, and I've done a very poor job of checking out the bonus stuff. Ugh....I really need to do that...

The "20 Years of JT" box has mostly been upgraded by this point.
As has Living In The Past (save for the last 3 LIALS EP tracks with missing multitracks).

Looking forward to this one for just Dun Ringill! :)

I'd like to hear 'A' reworked by SW too. There are some great tracks buried in there. They're just obscured by the low point of low studio budgets and the state of vinyl pressing quality at the time of release. Seriously obscured in this case!

I'd like to hear 'A' reworked by SW too. There are some great tracks buried in there. They're just obscured by the low point of low studio budgets and the state of vinyl pressing quality at the time of release. Seriously obscured in this case!
"Black Sunday" is one of my all-time favorite Tull tunes! I hope SW gets to mix it and the rest of the album.

The "20 Years of JT" box has mostly been upgraded by this point.
As has Living In The Past (save for the last 3 LIALS EP tracks with missing multitracks).

Looking forward to this one for just Dun Ringill! :)

I love this collection, so the more 5.1 we get the better!

Will a Thick As A Brick SW mix Book/DVD/CD package rerelease ever become reality? That’s the only one I’m missing to date and I can’t stand that my collection isn’t complete!

Will a Thick As A Brick SW mix Book/DVD/CD package rerelease ever become reality? That’s the only one I’m missing to date and I can’t stand that my collection isn’t complete!

Most likely in 2022 for the 50th anniversary.
Until then, I think we're more likely to see a "Benefit" re-packaging next year.

Most likely in 2022 for the 50th anniversary.
Until then, I think we're more likely to see a "Benefit" re-packaging next year.
Wouldn't mind a Benefit repackage to match up to the other big book versions, but I can live with the smaller package. Your TAAB logic makes sense and I sure hope you're right!

That was a great collection. I loved those multi CD retrospective packages back in the day. They were a blast to wade thru.
The 25th Anniversary set in a "Cigar Box" was good as well. I am a 'bit' of a Tull fanatic, so can't resist any Tull! :eek: Actually I'm 'probably' a music fanatic :ROFLMAO: ………...resistance is futile

That 20 years box was originally a 5 album set FYI. There was maybe an album worth of album tracks reissued. One album side for the Top of the Pops show. And then a live album of more recent (at the time) performances. The rest was b-sides and outtakes - the bulk of which are now bonus tracks mixed in 5.1 by SW on the various album DVD releases.

I picked up that 25 years box too. That one was released in the CD dark ages. Not quite as interesting. I recall a full disc of remixes that were pretty terrible! Some good live material though.

That 20 years box was originally a 5 album set FYI. There was maybe an album worth of album tracks reissued. One album side for the Top of the Pops show. And then a live album of more recent (at the time) performances. The rest was b-sides and outtakes - the bulk of which are now bonus tracks mixed in 5.1 by SW on the various album DVD releases.

I picked up that 25 years box too. That one was released in the CD dark ages. Not quite as interesting. I recall a full disc of remixes that were pretty terrible! Some good live material though.
Yup, I can read the covers easier without 👓 on the 5 LP set than the CD one :ROFLMAO: I think I only listened to the remixes disc twice on the 25 year set.

Indeed, I guess you can add 'Dun Ringill (Early Version)' to your list as it's on this years Tull RSD release...

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2019/jethro-tull/

that link is blocked in the USA

No idea why it's blocked, it's just Youtube. Do a search for the title and see if it comes up for you. It's not the best quality, it's probably a VHS recording off the TV, but would be a lovely addition to the set with a decent transfer.

Back