DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Corrected Reissue) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [Corrected Issue]

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Hi,
I've gotten the set from PopMarket twice with 2 defective DVD discs. If any of you Tull fans have an extra corrected DVD I would greatly accept the favor of receiving one. I'll gladly return the favor.

Thanks so much!!
Joe

I voted too early, I would now change my vote to 7. Mastering is not great. Astley and Pew suck; SW should never let them touch his mixes.

Corrected discs don't have the Mew mastering on them.
Just to be clear, the too bright mastering was removed from the 5.1 mix only. Peter Mew's mastering remains on the stereo remix. The final "yeah" was not included on the Mew mastering of 5.1 and stereo remix. It's also missing from the original stereo flat transfer. The final "yeah" has only been restored to the 5.1 mix on the corrected disc.

I purchased the album last week from Amazon.es, hoping it would be the correct version. And it was! There are two different versions of the album there. The ASIN from the one I purchased is B00EVSAA66. I chose it because some other Amazon say it was released in December, instead of November as the original release. Not sure if this is right or I was just lucky, but I saw that black line on the DVD right away and couldn't be happier at the moment, as you can imagine.

This is one of my favourite prog rock albums ever and I can't help giving it a 10 out of 10. These re-releases are a blessing for someone like me, big fan of Steven Wilson and prog music (and surround!). There are A LOT of things happening on this album all the time that only a good surround mix can show in all its glory. Old classic, but this new mix has been quite a revelatory experience. I really like the hardback book style package too.

Glad I could finally get a corrected copy of this album. I really thought it was completely sold out.

I purchased the album last week from Amazon.es, hoping it would be the correct version. And it was! There are two different versions of the album there. The ASIN from the one I purchased is B00EVSAA66. I chose it because some other Amazon say it was released in December, instead of November as the original release. Not sure if this is right or I was just lucky, but I saw that black line on the DVD right away and couldn't be happier at the moment, as you can imagine.

This is one of my favourite prog rock albums ever and I can't help giving it a 10 out of 10. These re-releases are a blessing for someone like me, big fan of Steven Wilson and prog music (and surround!). There are A LOT of things happening on this album all the time that only a good surround mix can show in all its glory. Old classic, but this new mix has been quite a revelatory experience. I really like the hardback book style package too.

Glad I could finally get a corrected copy of this album. I really thought it was completely sold out.

THANK YOU for the details! i love this album but of course didn't get it because of the issues...i used your info and took a chance.....here's hoping i get the corrected version too :wave

http://www.amazon.com/Thick-As-Bric...TF8&qid=1409506970&sr=1-1&keywords=B00EVSAA66

I don't think it is that great. Overly bright with too much compression.

IMO. Some of the guitars in the rears are HARSH, loud and bright. A Passion Play is nowhere near as loud or eq'd.

figures! thanks...don't know why but can't get into Passion Play like i do with TAAB....(& Benefit & Aqualung)(& Living in the Past...but this one no 5.1)

IMO. Some of the guitars in the rears are HARSH, loud and bright. A Passion Play is nowhere near as loud or eq'd.

keenly - are you sure you have the corrected disc? The original was indeed brutal but the corrected disc is a (non-mastered) flat transfer which I think sounds fine.

keenly - are you sure you have the corrected disc? The original was indeed brutal but the corrected disc is a (non-mastered) flat transfer which I think sounds fine.

thanks blue..(& timbre4)...gonna keep my order and find out....if no line on disc it will be returned!

thanks blue..(& timbre4)...gonna keep my order and find out....if no line on disc it will be returned!

It may have been mentioned earlier but be aware that only the 5.1 mix was altered. The new stereo mix retains the Mew mastering.

That would be a good description of the faulty mastering. The corrected version should not be brighter or louder than A Passion Play.

Yeah, I agree. The corrected version doesn't sound compressed not loud at all. Pretty much equal to other recent SW mixes.

Keenly refuses to say whether or not he has the corrected disc, but he continues to complain about it. He's already called the new Opeth album 'compressed' even though the DR is somewhere between 13-14 which is very good generally speaking, and almost unheard of for a heavy rock album, so I would say his opinion is suspect at best.

Keenly refuses to say whether or not he has the corrected disc, but he continues to complain about it. He's already called the new Opeth album 'compressed' even though the DR is somewhere between 13-14 which is very good generally speaking, and almost unheard of for a heavy rock album, so I would say his opinion is suspect at best.

I would say STFU.

Constructive. Not sure if you have the corrected disc huh?

Back