Jethro Tull's "Benefit" 50th Anniversary Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had ordered from importCD October 11. It was $35.66 at that time. I now see they list it for $29.74. Ugh. I'm going to order it again, for the cheaper price, then cancel my first order. You all who ordered early, may want to do the same.
Thanks Bud, reordered toooooo :SB

Reactions: GOS
I had ordered from importCD October 11. It was $35.66 at that time. I now see they list it for $29.74. Ugh. I'm going to order it again, for the cheaper price, then cancel my first order. You all who ordered early, may want to do the same.

Thanks for the heads-up! Canceled my first order - $34.90 shipped.

I'm looking at my Orders page and they're billing it at the lower price.

Import CDs hasn't updated my price. The higher price is still showing. I've never dealt with their customer service before, but I've seen plenty of comments here saying that they can be difficult. For those of you with experience with their customer service, what is the best way to go? My order included three other yet-to-be-released items. Do I contact them and ask them to grant me the lower price? Do I cancel just the Tull set from my order and re-order? Or should I cancel my entire order and place the whole thing over again?

Import CDs hasn't updated my price. The higher price is still showing. I've never dealt with their customer service before, but I've seen plenty of comments here saying that they can be difficult. For those of you with experience with their customer service, what is the best way to go? My order included three other yet-to-be-released items. Do I contact them and ask them to grant me the lower price? Do I cancel just the Tull set from my order and re-order? Or should I cancel my entire order and place the whole thing over again?

Luckily, I've only ever had to contact their customer service once (in something like a dozen orders, maybe more). I emailed them literally minutes after receiving a shipping notice for Bob James's One--also, coincidentally, minutes after learning that that title was a a stereo-only SACD. They responded a day later, telling me that they couldn't pull it back once it was in the system as "shipped." (They were willing to let me return it, but only if I paid the return postage. To their credit, ImportCDs had never mistakenly advertised the disc as MCh in the product description; only the label had, on its own website.)

If there's time to cancel the entire thing and re-order before it ships, that might be the way to go.

I've canceled orders multiple times. Never had an issue. Usually, it takes a day or so for them to officially cancel. It doesn't happen automatically, like Amazon. My original order still showed the higher price, so I canceled and placed a new order.

I emailed them last night to cancel my original order, they responded this morning with a cancellation. I placed a second order for the lower-priced one and asked them to cancel the first afterwards.

Call them! I put a box set on my Christmas list one year because it was a good price. My wife ordered it at a way higher price from them. I called and they refunded the difference. My only dealings with their customer service. Pretty good!

I am in ripping mode now, catching up on all the discs that have arrived the last 3 weeks. Woke up this morning and the 20 amp fuse that supplies my power supply that works all my audio gear is blown, at least I know why and an easy fix. Anyway I just want to confirm something.
I purchased the 50th box purely to match the other boxes, but I see there is more on this release than the previous 2013 release, mainly a Tanglewood concert remixed by Steven Wilson and added bonus tracks.
So I think what I will do is rip the new 50th set complete and dump the 2013 set.
Does that sound good to you?

Back