Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Steven Wilson's Twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/StevenWilsonHQ

My stereo/5.1 remix of @jethrotull Thick as a Brick scheduled by EMI for 15th Oct.

Nice find! I just started following myself!
Hope this one's Blu-Ray as well, like Aqualung.

Unfortunately, he doesn't know the release date yet for Larks' but thankfully we have another QQ member in the know... ;)

I really hope the Surround disc is available without buying a stupid massive box set.

I really hope the Surround disc is available without buying a stupid massive box set.

Well, in the liner notes for Thick As A Brick 2, Ian Anderson says that "...EMI Records, who were supportive of the project from the outset, agreed with me that we should eventually release the "bundled" TAAB 1 and 2 product together as a vinyl collectors' edition later in 2012."

At least you won't have to buy the vinyl if you are only wanting the surround sound disc(whatever that will be) but still makes me wonder how TAAB 1 will be released...

Well, in the liner notes for Thick As A Brick 2, Ian Anderson says that "...EMI Records, who were supportive of the project from the outset, agreed with me that we should eventually release the "bundled" TAAB 1 and 2 product together as a vinyl collectors' edition later in 2012."

At least you won't have to buy the vinyl if you are only wanting the surround sound disc(whatever that will be) but still makes me wonder how TAAB 1 will be released...

Hmm.. A vinyl collectors' edition may well mean another great big bloody stupid box stuffed to the gills with all sorts of.. stuff.. including lossy DTS CDs of the two albums, sadly.

However, if we all get onto EMI now (let's face it, its already July, time is marching on towards October!) and make noises that we want Hi-Res and we don't want to have to pay for a load of superfluous other rubbish to get it.. we might (just) be in with a chance of making it happen..?!?

I would add that I think the likelihood of the original TAAB being packaged in LP-sized replica manner, at the very least, for this October 15th reissue in some shape or form, is pretty high. The albums' newspaper artwork was such a standout back in the day and EMI is bound to use the opportunity to replicate it.

If EMI use their naus, they will release a separate vinyl edition (maybe this "collectors ed" Ian A's referred to) with authentic newspaper packaging.. and a separate digipack of the CD & 5.1, along the lines of the TAAB 2 set but with a DVDA or BD instead of a DVD-V.

I'd be (reluctantly) prepared to pay a premium for a box like the Aqualung one but only if it meant there was a 5.1 blu-ray (or genuine Adv'd Res DVDA in 5.1) included.

Last edited:
Just sell the DVD/BluRay with a Re-Mastered CD for a decent price and I will buy it.

Just sell the DVD/BluRay with a Re-Mastered CD for a decent price and I will buy it.
Agreed, just like the Moving Pictures and Storm Corrosion sets. Cd plus BD for a good price. Although I did buy the Aqualung box at importcds. In cluding customs fee it was still cheaper than buying at Amazon Uk or a local shop. That shows how crazy certain prices are in Europe.

I am just not that big a Jethro tull fan that i can justify to myself a big box, I would buy a CD DVDA package though.

I also haven't endorsed blu ray yet so for me Blu ray = no sale as well.

Things may change but the drian on my finances is such that Blu ray is not a priority over stuff i can already play.

How about a special edition bowling ball? That will shake things up!

or 1:1 replica of cannonball, that would give even more shaking and at least the weight will justify the price

Back