Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Rhino shipment notification at 6:01pm PT today.
View attachment 87584

1674114854126.gif

My latest update from Amazon Canada is saying March 6->8 range.
March 10-11 for me. I can wait as I have a rip of the corrected 5.1. Still a little disheartening considering I ordered this way back in November.

I did order it twice as my original order magically disappeared and as soon as I re-ordered it showed back up 🤔

Oh well I cancelled the original order and all was fine.

March 10-11 for me. I can wait as I have a rip of the corrected 5.1. Still a little disheartening considering I ordered this way back in November.

I did order it twice as my original order magically disappeared and as soon as I re-ordered it showed back up 🤔

Oh well I cancelled the original order and all was fine.

I ordered July 26 @ $29.79
At that price I’m content to wait

OK, just found email from Rhino in my spam folder. lol Looks like I'll be getting a copy from Rhino, and also from Amazon as I panicked and ordered from Amazon as well when I lost faith in Rhino.
I have a similar story that involves a major ImportCDs complaint. I experienced credit card fraud a few months ago. I immediately cancelled the card in question and updated all my online shopping sites, including ImportCDs.

I ordered the new TAAB along with a Japanese SHM SACD of Fresh Cream from ImportCDs on December 2. I received Fresh Cream within a couple of weeks without issue.

Like everyone else who pre-ordered TAAB, I started monitoring the status of my order about two weeks ago. I finally received an update from ImportCDs yesterday. Unfortunately, it was a TAAB cancellation notice. Due - get this - to my credit being disapproved!

So I wrote them a semi nasty email telling them to get their shit together and immediately ordered a copy of TAAB from Amazon. Luckily the price difference was negligible and it’s already shipped and I should receive it tomorrow.

So just a few minutes ago I check my email to see if ImportCDs responded to my complaint and, lo and behold, I instead have a ship notice for TAAB from them!!! I’m extremely pissed right now!

Sent them a reminder email, saying others had shipping notices days ago to Rhino, and low & behold just got a shipping notice (2 days after emailing), coincidence? (Had no other reply, normally get something a couple of days or so later)

Also got notified earlier that my TaaB is coming tomorrow from Amazon (USA).

The new Riverside album slated for early February is now showing shipping and expected in a couple days, also from Amazon (USA).

Moral of the story - don't trust the Amazon estimates, it will get there when it gets there.

Got my order of 50th TAAB from Moose yesterday. The order says 50th, they shipped me the 40th! What the hell? Damn thing was delayed and they still screwed it up!!!
I assume this is a joke.

If it's not, please have some coffee and settle down.
Everything is fine, you're just a little confused by the marketing.

There are hundreds of pages of posts on the Hoffman forum about this release, and every single one has a post like this.

The only 50th anniversary version is vinyl.
The out-of-print 40th anniversary digital version was re-issued for the 50th anniversary of the original release.
OK?
Open it up and enjoy it.
You are one of the fortunate.

My Amazon order now has a UPS tracking number.:)

Got my order of 50th TAAB from Moose yesterday. The order says 50th, they shipped me the 40th! What the hell? Damn thing was delayed and they still screwed it up!!!
There is no dedicated 50th anniversary box set. You can differentiate the "new 40th" from the "old 40th" by the copyright dates on the back. The CD should say (P) 2015.
EDIT: Plus it's on Parlophone instead of EMI.

Last edited:
Known as the revised edition:alien:project. My words but a whisper your deafness a shout...:LOL:
The revised Thick As A Brick which will have Steven Wilson’s original mixes in stereo (as per 2015 single CD) and on DVD the 96/24 stereo and DTS & DD 5.1 again without the Pete Mew mastering (and dropouts) .

Mine arrived moments ago; listening to it now. Missed this release the first time around like so many other of the Tull surrounds I failed to buy. So very happy this was re-issued. Purchased at Amazon USA and delivered from Baltimore to TX in less than 48 hours.... in a heavy paper bag; no damage thankfully! Sounds amazing and the bang for the buck factor is mind-boggling!

Just got mine in from Amazon... buuuutttt!

They delivered it to my neighbors house, WTF Amazon! Fortunately I used the email delivery notice with a porch pic, and figured out which neighbor it was; and I know the guy who -also fortunately was at home at the time. Didn't want to just grab it up, and be thought of as a porch pirate or something ya know- geez.

I received my copy today. I had the original LP upon release, but I had forgotten how large that newspaper was! But why did they chop the front page picture right at the knees!

Back