Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow so I had the flawed one! I guess when I first saw talk of a flaw I just assumed obvious defect like a click or chirp rather than whole corrupted mix.

Was this something gone wrong with the dts encoding (on the flawed copy) that resulted in the awkward vocal in the center channel thing (and other things)? Or something else happened?

Replacement is on the way. My apologies for commenting on a flawed copy without realizing it earlier!

I am well and trully over trying to get a #%ing replacement trying since November last year.

I am well and trully over trying to get a #%ing replacement trying since November last year.

Were you trying to get your replacement disc via EMI or through the retailer you purchased it from? I got mine originally from Amazon, but used the email address supplied in this thread for EMI customer service. They responded to my email within a couple days of me writing and I had the disc mailed to me probably a week later. It was super simple, so surprising you're having problems if you are going the EMI route.

Sent the email on 1/22 and the replacement disc arrived on 2/2 from Jacksonville, IL. Not too bad. :phones

TAAB Redo.jpg

I received mine in about one week after using the posted email address. I hadn't even opened the original and only requested the corrected version based on QQ reviews. Thank you.

I just asked bullmoose if they will get this for better less damaged shipping and moosey points for me :).

Will the new repress dvd disc have some form of info on it so we won't confuse it with the previous defective disc? Perhaps the same curved line that's on replacement discs.

Last edited:
All my complaints/concerns were addressed. The Brick now with 2015 stereo remix/mastering and fixed 5.1 together for the first time. No Peter Mew mastering. (unless somebody after me screws it up lol)
still on the case - cheers

Back