Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be reissued in October 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird, I placed my order with Rhino back in June. Checked order status at their website and it doesn't confirm my order number. WTF?

All my complaints/concerns were addressed. The Brick now with 2015 stereo remix/mastering and fixed 5.1 together for the first time. No Peter Mew mastering. (unless somebody after me screws it up lol)
still on the case - cheers
I'm confused (not so hard to do these days, and pardon me if this has already been clearly stated somewhere in this thread):

Is the CD different on the re-release, with flat mastering? Or is it only the DVD that has the stereo remix flat-mastered?

I have the 2012 release with the corrected DVD, so I wasn't planning to buy the re-release, but if the CD is different, I might reconsider. Even though I also have the 2015 flat 96/24 stereo download from HDTracks.

I'm confused (not so hard to do these days, and pardon me if this has already been clearly stated somewhere in this thread):

Is the CD different on the re-release, with flat mastering? Or is it only the DVD that has the stereo remix flat-mastered?

I have the 2012 release with the corrected DVD, so I wasn't planning to buy the re-release, but if the CD is different, I might reconsider. Even though I also have the 2015 flat 96/24 stereo download from HDTracks.
As far as I know: The CD is flat mastered, and this is even indicated by the fact that it has a (P) 2015 instead of the (P) 2012 that the DVD still has.

I haven't done a DR reading yet, but I thought the new CD was very dynamic. For reference, the 2012 CD has a DR of 9/10 and the Wilson version without Mew's mastering has DR 13.

Got mine from Burning Shed yesterday after a slight delay because I was out on Saturday when the postie tried to deliver 👍

As far as I know: The CD is flat mastered, and this is even indicated by the fact that it has a (P) 2015 instead of the (P) 2012 that the DVD still has.
is it the only way to get this flat mastered CD? There’s no CD only release with the flat master?

Weird, I placed my order with Rhino back in June. Checked order status at their website and it doesn't confirm my order number. WTF?
Same thing happened to me with Amazon Canada. I pre-ordered this ages ago and I checked back when the release date was pushed to December 2nd and could not find any record of it. I just re-ordered it, still seems to be there now.

All the original orders have been deleted !
You should find a new email from Rhino for you to reorder and also get 10% discount ...anyways, that's what I got.

What happened? What's the back story to these order cancelations? I was never notified.

I replied to Rhino's original order conformation email (pre-paid paypal) they sent me in June. Their email bot replied with a ticket number. 😡 Looks like I'll be taking action through PayPal.

I haven't done a DR reading yet, but I thought the new CD was very dynamic. For reference, the 2012 CD has a DR of 9/10 and the Wilson version without Mew's mastering has DR 13.
:cool:
Book-set 2022 - The CD will be as per Steven Wilson’s actual mix as per the 2015 version released as the breakout single CD version.

Cheers all

What happened? What's the back story to these order cancelations? I was never notified.

I replied to Rhino's original order conformation email (pre-paid paypal) they sent me in June. Their email bot replied with a ticket number. 😡 Looks like I'll be taking action through PayPal.
I logged in today and looking at my order history displays this:
A note about past purchase history records
We are currently migrating our ecommerce platform to a new system.
Due to this platform change, you may not be able to review information on your past purchases.
We are working to getting this information updated as soon as possible.
Any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order goes out.)

I prepaid with PayPal and have reached out to Rhino asking about the state of my order.
I will share any information that they provide.

Alexandra (Rhino Store)

Dec 6, 2022, 11:20 AM EST

Thank you for contacting us!

We are currently transitioning the ecommerce platform for our online store. Due to this platform change, you will no longer be able to review information on purchases made prior to the transition.

We can confirm that any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive an email confirmation when your order goes out.)

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Alexandra
Rhino Store

Alexandra (Rhino Store)

Dec 6, 2022, 11:20 AM EST

Thank you for contacting us!

We are currently transitioning the ecommerce platform for our online store. Due to this platform change, you will no longer be able to review information on purchases made prior to the transition.

We can confirm that any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive an email confirmation when your order goes out.)

I got the same message! So, I assume my early order with Rhino is still OK as I never received any notice saying I needed to cancel my order and order new again.

This shouldnt still be confusing........but to me it is
If one has the corrected 2012 DVD set you have a flat mastered stereo mix and corrected surround right? If so you are just left with a mewtilated cd.
Cant one just buy a new flat mastered cd instead of a new box set or is the new CD only available in this package?
Im losing brain cells over this.....

This shouldnt still be confusing........but to me it is
If one has the corrected 2012 DVD set you have a flat mastered stereo mix and corrected surround right? If so you are just left with a mewtilated cd.
Cant one just buy a new flat mastered cd instead of a new box set or is the new CD only available in this package?
Im losing brain cells over this.....
From what I’ve gathered the flat mastered CD became available in 2015 in a standard jewel case available separately.

Thanks
So if the corrected DVD is the same as the DVD in the new set and you feel like listening to the CD just get the new CD and switch it with the original right?
Then you are all set. No need to buy the new box set reissue.
Waiting for JohnN the expert to confirm or deny here.....

I logged in today and looking at my order history displays this:
A note about past purchase history records
We are currently migrating our ecommerce platform to a new system.
Due to this platform change, you may not be able to review information on your past purchases.
We are working to getting this information updated as soon as possible.
Any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order goes out.)

I prepaid with PayPal and have reached out to Rhino asking about the state of my order.
I will share any information that they provide.

Received this today in response to an email query regarding my pre-paid June order:

"I can confirm that your order... is in our system awaiting the delayed release. Once it is available, we will ship it to you...

Thank you for your patience and you will receive notification once it heads to you!"

🆗

The CD in 2022 bookset is different. It's not mastered by Peter Mew.
But you have the 2015 96/24 stereo download which is the same version as CD on 2022 bookset and you already have it in 96/24, so you really don't need the new 2022 bookset...

Last edited:
For reference about SW TAAB remixes:
2012 40th Anniversary bookset (with corrected DVD)
CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, mastered by Peter Mew
DVD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, mastered by Peter Mew
The 2012 Steven Wilson 5.1 Surround Mix, "flat transfer"

2015 standalone CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, "flat transfer"
2015 digital download: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, "flat transfer"

2022 40th Anniversary bookset
CD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix, "flat transfer"
DVD: The 2012 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix in 96/24, "flat transfer"
The 2012 Steven Wilson 5.1 Surround Mix, "flat transfer" (same as the 2012 bookset edition)

Back