Jim Croce in Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jim Croce albums are VERY discrete, unless you have the Canadian Q8's of the first three albums. Those are a mess.

I'm seriously in for a multichannel Jim Croce SACD release or two! My only request would be to run it by the well known pros here at QQ before final production.

I have a feeling that Croce in 4.0 quad is going to come this year.

I've been reading the tea leaves, and looking at my crystal ball again.....

I have a feeling that Croce in 4.0 quad is going to come this year.

I've been reading the tea leaves, and looking at my crystal ball again.....

If the ABC quad masters have been found, maybe AF can re-release that Joe Walsh SACD.

Not a "box set" per se, but there was a very nice 2 disc "50th anniversary" package with the 3 ABC albums and some stuff from his earlier albums. Not in quad, of course....

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Croce-50th-Anniversary-Collection/dp/B000002JPW

Another great JC compilation (50 cuts) which I do have and can attest to its great sound quality is this 2 disc collection from Edsel Records UK (and pennies over $10 brand new from third party vendors): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057EYACI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&tag=acleint-20

Also comes with a 32 page booklet. Released in 2011.

Another great JC compilation (50 cuts) which I do have and can attest to its great sound quality is this 2 disc collection from Edsel Records UK (and pennies over $10 brand new from third party vendors): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057EYACI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&tag=acleint-20

Also comes with a 32 page booklet. Released in 2011.

Nice! Looks a few different cuts on the early tracks. (No Jim and Ingrid tracks, perhaps.) And the albums are in the original running order rather than the chronological-as-recorded presentation of the other comp.

I may have to pick that one up just for the few different early tracks!

If the ABC quad masters have been found, maybe AF can re-release that Joe Walsh SACD.

Better still, release "The Smoker You Drink, The Player you Get" if that master ever gets found. Or, The James Gang 16 Greatest Hits (which was announced in a tape catalog once). I'd rather see those than "So What".

However, that's a pipe dream. The ABC Quad masters are either destroyed or in private hands as several have appeared on eBay over the last few years. In regards to Jim Croce, it seems that the Croce family retained (or received) all rights and properties to Jim's material. If that turns out to be true, I suppose the only caveat would be whether or not those tapes were stored properly and are they in good enough condition to transfer. My bet would be yes, seeing as how an awful lot of unreleased/unknown stuff has been released by the Croce family over the years. Fingers crossed on this one!

Back