Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the day when he was still out there, most people hated his music. 'Noise' nothing but 'noise" is what you would hear. I understand he went to the UK and he was loved by music fans there. It was not until recently, the last few years that now he is "the greatest guitar player ever" o_O
I can remember being threatened with violence more than once, for playing my 'Woodstock" album and the cuts of his "Star Spangled banner" version. Nothing changes.
The “greatest guitar ever” tag has been on him since at least the early 80s.

The “greatest guitar ever” tag has been on him since at least the early 80s.
Actually the tag has been used in reference to Jimi since he was taken to England by Chas Chandler in 1966. Everyone from the Beatles to the Stones to Clapton to Jeff Beck declared him the best as soon as they saw him play.

has been on him since at least the early 80s.
i since he was taken to England by Chas Chandler in 1966.

Yes Jimi was recognized as the greatest early on...not only in the UK but the US as well....what leevitalone mentioned was true...but that was early on and it didn't last long in the majority..of course there was a small...but vocal group...mostly in the media that kept saying that he wasn't that good...and they looked foolish later on and reversed their opinion to save face...

In the day when he was still out there, most people hated his music. 'Noise' nothing but 'noise" is what you would hear. I understand he went to the UK and he was loved by music fans there. It was not until recently, the last few years that now he is "the greatest guitar player ever" o_O
I can remember being threatened with violence more than once, for playing my 'Woodstock" album and the cuts of his "Star Spangled banner" version. Nothing changes.
He was already being considered “greatest guitar player ever” by other guitarists by the mid 80s at the latest.

1568088980225.jpeg

Maybe even as early as 1975!

1568088589256.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got it on sale at 35$CAD on amazon.ca
I have a "best of" of Jimi Hendrix which I like, but after listening to the album (in stereo), I am a bit underwhelmed by the music (meaning: the songs not on the "best of").

I just got it on sale at 35$CAD on amazon.ca
I have a "best of" of Jimi Hendrix which I like, but after listening to the album (in stereo), I am a bit underwhelmed by the music (meaning: the songs not on the "best of").

Give the 5.1 a go, you probably won't play the stereo version again after!

Back