Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've not been on the sauce early today have you:p[/QUOTE

Who me!!

If I wasn't going out tonight there may have been one or two drops of Scottish nectar passing my lips.

All Along the Watchtower in surround

Can it get any better?

Mr Kramer is true to the video I posted earlier, he said he got this weird sound going in 1968.

Weird...No it ain't.. This is the album of 2018

Capture d’écran 2018-11-09 à 15.01.24.png

Oh my god.......oh my god.......now I have to go to work and think about this arriving in the mail today.....all day........not going to be a productive day for me........did give a listen to isotlc last nite....this will wash that taste out.....but it has to get here.......to my grasping hands....

To dial in my ears and brain with my coffee as I wait for the UPS van, I'm rocking Sly's Greatest Hits in quad.
Drums & bass isolated RR, no problem, the room is full of funky music.

This LP was where Jimi circled back to his R&B roots, brought Buddy Miles to the studio...
My old 'Nam combat vet friend told a great story of hearing Have You.. drifting out of a hooch in his jungle camp...
and thinking it must have been a new Temptations record...

To all the veterans and active service bagginnses, here comes your present for Armistice Day on the 11th, thanks from a grateful & hopeful world.
(Jimi was a paratrooper, met Billy Cox in the army...)

I'd vote for Hendrix. First of him in real surround, ever. As soon as I get it, I'm going to play All along the Watchtower. Loud. Very loud.

That's the first thing I would do too. I'm real curious how the guitar solo sounds on "All along the Watchtower" in Surround.

Back