Joe Walsh on aging

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad that this isn't another one of those RIP threads!

I always loved Joe Walsh as well. IMHO he was at his peak with The James Gang. He did have some credible solo LP's as well.

I always felt that he sold out by joining the Eagles. A steady paycheck I guess, but second fiddle to Don Henley! He was/is much better than that!

On the other hand, I was thrilled when he joined The Eagles. Personality wise, Joe is to The Eagles like Ringo is to The Beatles. When Joe smiles, so does everyone else.
Amen,
The loss of Glenn Frey was a huge blow to the Eagles but his replacement with
Vince Gill has added a giant talent to the bands strengths. I can only hope I get to see them one more time before the rest of us die. :(

From where I stand, it's much less of a drag being "only in your 60s" in the 20s than it was to be "only in your teens" in the 70s...

I only need to find ten years earlier. C'mon guys, give me a break!
tenyearsafter.jpg

Stupid eyesight...

I used to be able to read the numbers off chips on PC boards by eye. The 1st about 18" in front of my eyes is now off line. Pinch-zooming on the computer is keeping denial going though. :D

Those (above) look like the magnifying gogles I use to work on laptops now.

Eyes, ears, oy - getting old is no fun. Joe is right.

And Joe is such a classy guy. His last album "Analog Man" was really good, and had some excellent tunes, but alas, as with most 'legacy' artists, no one played it or heard it. What a shame.

Eyes, ears, oy - getting old is no fun. Joe is right.

And Joe is such a classy guy. His last album "Analog Man" was really good, and had some excellent tunes, but alas, as with most 'legacy' artists, no one played it or heard it. What a shame.
61ig0B1w8FL._SL1200_.jpg

Ordered a copy. Produced by Jeff Lynne!

Last edited:
Back