HiRez Poll John, Elton - PEACHTREE ROAD [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Elton John - PEACHTREE ROAD

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
My final Elton review today.
This album has it's high and lows but just not enough going on, to grab me in the way the albums with Mr Penny's mixes do.
That being said it certainly is not a bad release.
Just lacks that extra, overall sparkle, I've been spoilt with, by his other surround releases.
Therefore I'm breaking the 10 train and awarding this one a 9.

Last edited:
My final Elton review today.
This album has it's high and lows but just not enough going on, to grab me in the way the albums with Mr Penny's mixes do.
That being said it certainly is not a bad release.
Just lacks that extra, overall sparkle, I've been spolit with, by his other surround releases.
Therefore I'm breaking the 10 train and awarding this one a 9.

this 10 train don't stop there anymore..

(i'll get me >songs from the west< coat) ☺

edit: i'll just add, its a little bit wanky the albums directly before and after Peachtree Road (Songs From The West Coast & The Captain & The Kid) would to me have been more interesting/eventful in 5.1 but it turns out it wasn't only in the Quad era that less exciting/less popular albums got the surround treatment while more popular and plain superior records didn't.

It's likely not going to be anyone's favorite EJ album, but it's a pleasant listen. Solid but unspectacular. The surround mix is quite good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the mixes on the 70s albums as those seemed much more adventurous. The music is about a 6, the surround mix about an 8. Recommended more for fans than a casual listener. I'm a big fan but I don't see reaching for this one very often. I'm giving it a 7.

Back