John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe Edition (New 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. That's a great album. Could it possibly get the same treatment as "Imagine"?? Is Yoko going to go up in my book as an awesome 5.1 type?
It's a very raw album with very few parts of each song, but they did such a great job with the rehearsals on Imagine that who knows that they could come up with if they gave it a shot

Has always been my favorite Lennon album; Mother alone is worth the price of admission. As Jon says, the album itself is so basic and raw that it seems to feature no more than 3 or 4 tracks per song, so there’s not a lot to play with surround-wise. Hopefully extensive rehearsal material will sweeten the deal!

The only way "Plastic Ono Band" will sound good in surround is if they do a "Raw Studio" 5.1 mix just like they did for "Imagine". Otherwise there's no point in mixing this album in surround sound.

The songs with the most potential for 5.1 mixes are definitely "God" (which features both John and Billy Preston on separate pianos) and "Love" (which features Phil Spector on piano and John on acoustic guitar).

I would prefer deluxe editions of both "Mind Games" and "Walls and Bridges" as both of those albums have a lot more potential for surround sound than "Plastic Ono Band" does.

:)

Wow....when I read the title, my sleep deprived mind translated it to the Live Peace album.... I couldn't figure out what you all were talking about! Noooo I don't need to hear a bagged up Yoko squealing thru the songs in surround!!! And what kind of rehearsals would you get for the concert?

Back to reality, yes this will be a definite order for me. It 's a great album.
And yes, Mind Games and Walls Bridges....bring them on!

The only way "Plastic Ono Band" will sound good in surround is if they do a "Raw Studio" 5.1 mix just like they did for "Imagine". Otherwise there's no point in mixing this album in surround sound.

The songs with the most potential for 5.1 mixes are definitely "God" (which features both John and Billy Preston on separate pianos) and "Love" (which features Phil Spector on piano and John on acoustic guitar).

I would prefer deluxe editions of both "Mind Games" and "Walls and Bridges" as both of those albums have a lot more potential for surround sound than "Plastic Ono Band" does.

:)
I'm for "Walls and Bridges" all the way; it's even had a Quad release already (it rates 4 ridin' cowboys from me!) 🤠🤠🤠🤠

Have this on Universal's SHM~SACD in stereo and LOVE IT! BRING IT ON!

See the source image

Wow, this album is by far my favorite from Lennon. So musically stark and personal.
I liken it to Joni Mitchell's "Blue" which came out just a few months later.
While I would expect a 5.1 mix to not be so adventurous, it could certainly be done tastefully well with all the double miked elements John used.

I'm surprised they're not doing Double Fantasy instead - isn't it the 40th anniversary in November? There's a lot more to play with on that album in terms of surround. I thought the 5.1 mixes of "Woman" and "Watching The Wheels" were the highlight of the Lennon Legend compilation.

Back