John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe Edition (New 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The POB LP is a work of art. Lennon went into the studio in 1970, after a breakdown and his recovery via primal scream therapy, and recorded an honest but brutal album. Only Ringo and Klaus (bass... friend from Hamburg days) play on it (with a couple of piano tracks by Nicky Hopkins.) Most songs only have 3 instruments. That said, I find hard to listen to often as it is so brutal.

Fyi, Sean Lennon has taken over responsibility for the Lennon estate from Yoko. I expect some changes in approach moving forward.

- Comments above from a friend of mine who teaches a Beatles course at a local college.

Last edited:
That was beautiful.
Very very nice.

My teenage daughter was singing this the other day.

My wife and I wanted to share our love of music with our kids, and the thing that worked best was an Apple iPod. My son would sit in the back seat of the car and pick out things. He was drawn to movie soundtracks, like A Clockwork Orange and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Katie was drawn to the Beatles.

I guess I owe Steve Jobs and Apple a bit of thanks.

So, thank you.

Four tracks from POB are on the Gimme Some Truth set and Mother is on Lennon Legend.
Question: So why buy this set just to get the other five full length tracks plus the 0:49 song at the end?
Answer: To get the other five tracks! (Oh, and Mother will be in high res.)

Out on April 26th, seems it comes full of surround content:
Completely remixed from original multitracks, overseen by producer Yoko Ono Lennon, featuring Ringo Starr, Klaus Voormann, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Billy Preston & Phil Spector.
Ultimate Mixes, Outtakes, Elements, Raw Studio, Evolution, Demos, Jams & Yoko Live Sessions.
2 Blu-Ray Audio Discs: 159 new mixes, 11+ hrs, HiRes 192/24: Stereo, 5.1 Surround & Dolby Atmos.
6 CDs: 102 new mixes, 6+ hrs.
132 page hardback book with rare photos, memorabilia & extensive notes.
Poster & 2 postcards.

Completely remixed from original multitracks, overseen by producer Yoko Ono Lennon, featuring Ringo Starr, Klaus Voormann, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Billy Preston & Phil Spector.
Ultimate Mixes, Outtakes, Elements, Raw Studio, Evolution, Demos, Jams & Yoko Live Sessions.
2 Blu-Ray Audio Discs: 159 new mixes, 11+ hrs, HiRes 192/24: Stereo, 5.1 Surround & Dolby Atmos.
Poster & 2 postcards.
Sounds like the way Imagine was done.

POB Box.jpg

Poster & 2 postcards.

Oh my.... :love:

Back