John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Super Deluxe Edition (New 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So according to an insider on SHTV, not only will there not be a deluxe edition of "Plastic Ono Band" released this year, it was never planned to begin with.

However, there WILL be some sort of big release this year to mark what would have been Lennon's 80th birthday, and Blu-Ray should be a part of the equation based on this quote lifted directly from SHTV:
(plus more audio inside a mostly common video format in a ‘deluxe limited edition’)

We should be getting an announcement this month.

:)

So according to an insider on SHTV, not only will there not be a deluxe edition of "Plastic Ono Band" released this year, it was never planned to begin with.

However, there WILL be some sort of big release this year to mark what would have been Lennon's 80th birthday, and Blu-Ray should be a part of the equation based on this quote lifted directly from SHTV:

We should be getting an announcement this month.

There's a basic pre-order up for a 3-disc set of this still, unknown collection:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TBC/dp/B08GG2DFWH/

This is the product description from Amazon Australia:

The definitive new Best Of John Lennon - 36 tracks completely remixed from master tapes, giving these classic songs a new life for generations to come and sounding better than ever before. 2 CD/Blu-ray features 36 tracks in hi-res stereo 96/24 PCM, new 5.1 surround mixes and Dolby Atmos for the ultimate immersive experience. With an incredible 124-page book with rare photos and extensive notes from John, Yoko and more. Foldout 2-sided poster, 2 postcards and Gimme Some Truth bumper sticker

An Interesting bit of info just popped up over at SHF - the new Gimme Some Truth set lists a Plastic Ono Band 6CD/2BR box set in the credits! Perhaps this was delayed to next year due to COVID?

Htg8q2O.jpg

An Interesting bit of info just popped up over at SHF - the new Gimme Some Truth set lists a Plastic Ono Band 6CD/2BR box set in the credits! Perhaps this was delayed to next year due to COVID?

View attachment 57558
That’s a heck of a coinkydink, I just recorded one of those ‘Classic Album’ shows for that album off the Telly tonight. Will watch with great interest (y)

Not super excited about this set, but I’ll still get it cause it’s John Lennon on Blu-Ray.

If the creators of this set mixed new and immersive “raw” studio mixes (like they did for the “Imagine”) then that could be cool in 5.1 but otherwise there’s not much you can do with drums, bass, one guitar (or piano).

I’ll be much more excited for an expansive All Things Must Pass set from George Harrison!

Not super excited about this set, but I’ll still get it cause it’s John Lennon on Blu-Ray.

If the creators of this set mixed new and immersive “raw” studio mixes (like they did for the “Imagine”) then that could be cool in 5.1 but otherwise there’s not much you can do with drums, bass, one guitar (or piano).

I’ll be much more excited for an expansive All Things Must Pass set from George Harrison!

Let's see how the surround remixes on Plastic Ono Band pan out or else those who have the exceptional Universal Stereo SHM~SACD might just have all they really need

See the source image

Stay on top of it, SHERLOCK but wasn't Plastic Ono Band on the APPLE Label and NOT POLYDOR?
Yes it would be EMI/Apple in the UK, and whatever it is has a release date of 12th Feb.

So it could just be a cut-&-paste something in on amazon so the data is incorrect, or maybe its an unknown unknown!

Can we mix out the Yoko Ono vocals? 🤪
I'm trying to think if there are any Ono vocals on this album. I don't think so. She is only credited with "wind". Of course she also released an album on the same day with the same cover called Yoko Ono - Plastic Ono Band. Lennon plays guitar on it.

Wow, the “Box Set includes 159 new mixes (Stereo, 5.1, Dolby Atmos)” - that’s a lot of tracks for an album that only had 11 - 13 songs! If you divide 159/3 to account for the three types of mixes, you still have 53 tracks. I sure wonder what we’re going to get?!

Back