John Mayall / The First Generation 1965-1974 deluxe box set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested in buying (like me), you may want to compare the Burning Shed and SDE price (£275) with jpc.de. Their price outside of Europe is €283, so about £255. But for me in Oz, the postage from the two UK sites is c.£80-88, yet the jpc.de postage is only £22, so in Oz money, the total comparison is $656 vs. $491 - quite a difference.

For those interested in buying (like me), you may want to compare the Burning Shed and SDE price (£275) with jpc.de. Their price outside of Europe is €283, so about £255. But for me in Oz, the postage from the two UK sites is c.£80-88, yet the jpc.de postage is only £22, so in Oz money, the total comparison is $656 vs. $491 - quite a difference.
I think it's time all these expensive box sets were made available as a lossless download especially for those living in Australia where we don't have access to most of these now days. I would never pay £80 postage for anything

I love Mayall and especially the early years, but these massive boxes with a 1000 discs and matching price are really approaching lunacy. Thanks, but no thanks!

I would never pay £80 postage for anything
Agreed, which was why I didn't initially order, although the main cause for the stupid pricing now is the pandemic. Both Burning Shed and CDJapan have cited it as the reason for normal postage rates to Australia (Royal Mail & Japan Airmail) blowing out, leaving us with price gouging by couriers.

Back