John Williams & Anne-Sophie Mutter: Live in Vienna Blu-ray in August 2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen to Hans Zimmer Live in Prague.
That's very different in that it incorporates electronic elements which can be tracked much more readily and was set up for a stadium show. This is a symphony orchestra in the orchestra's concert hall. I can't really think of a single live recording of a symphony that's all that discrete, even including the quad era. Corrections welcome.

From my recollection it was ambient rears only, ubertrout. But like yourself, need to give it another spin.

Just checked out HRAudio.net ...... Was Jaws ever released on MCH~SACD or was it ET: The Extra Terrestial you were thinking about? That one was definitely ambient rears, only.

I mean, not really a substitute on the soundtrack...

I know that ubertrout.......I was being cheeky! Why Universal didn't release the discrete Japan only version of Jaws is perplexing .....but then again, so were many other wong headed choices made during that initial 00 SACD/DVD~A launch.

Last edited:
I know that ubertrout.......I was being cheeky! Why Universal didn't release the discrete Japan only version of Jaws is perplexing .....but then again, so were many other wong handed choices made during that initial 00 SACD/DVD~A launch.
They probably would have created a 5.1 mix no-one wanted and sounded like stereo.

It's interesting that DG has chosen to include ATMOS mixes for some of the tracks excluding audience noise. I originally thought that the Pure Audio tracks were the video tracks with the video content switched off but it seems that they are separate mixes containing the music and ambience only - the track listing matches the accompanying CD. It's good to hear the Star Wars March without the enthusiastic audience response which greets it in the video content.

Back