Joining files in audiomuxer to place on blu ray; need some input please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernsoul

I want to join several flac files from albums, then put several albums on one blu ray, instead of having lots of dvd audio discs. I rip the blu rays and dvds to edit in audacity as needed, also to back up.

I am joining flac via audiomuxer, then opening in audacity to check and the wavforms look like hard limiting has been applied, like audiomuxer is applying gain and compression.

They are not joining together as they were input.
Any thoughts?

I guess in my mind the first thing to ask, is what do the wav's look like before AudioMuxer?
Also I can tell you there is no way AudioMuxer is applying compression; the tools to do so simply aren't incorporated in the program in any way as far as I know.

I want to join several flac files from albums, then put several albums on one blu ray, instead of having lots of dvd audio discs. I rip the blu rays and dvds to edit in audacity as needed, also to back up.

I am joining flac via audiomuxer, then opening in audacity to check and the wavforms look like hard limiting has been applied, like audiomuxer is applying gain and compression.

They are not joining together as they were input.
Any thoughts?
I have been doing the same thing your are referring to for a couple of years & I don't have to touch Audacity(or my favorite AA 3) unless I want to do some tinkering.

In Windows File Explorer I make folder of group/band's name: KLAATU. Then I make sub folders of the albums I rip: 3;47 EST, Politzania, etc. I then rip using EAC the albums to the respective folder with the tracks as individual WAV files. I then batch process the KLAATU folder to flac in AA 3. Then I simply burn a BD as a UDF data disc. When plopped into my Oppo I get the on screen equivalent to a file explorer & I navigate to album>1st track I want hear & push play. It does gapless playback of tracks.

Variations: You can rip individual tracks from various albums & make a mix "tape'. If your player doesn't do gapless play back & that bothers you you can rip as 1 continuous file. After ripping files you can go in to Audacity or what ever & make EQ changes, etc. And with all that BD real estate it's a personal choice if you want to even convert to flac. Certainly factors regarding that is if you have 16/44.1 files or 24/96. The latter it would be good flac compress. And of course you can just copy to an SSD/HDD & play from there.

I have taken this approach with ripped DVD's as well. Rip multiple DVD's & burn the folders to UDF data. As an example I have 6 music video DVD's varying between 20>45 mins I ripped, up mixed to 5.1 with original 16/48 2 ch & put them all on 1, 25GB Blu-Ray disc.

Maybe I've stated the obvious in some of this but I'm just trying to find a way around needing to join files & use Audacity which is evidently causing some grief. And of course there's plenty plenty other tools out there besides AA 3 to easily convert wav to flac.

Back