Jonatha Brooke

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin where is your next surround project?
Really liked your last one Dorothee Munyaneza.
Well, my studio is pretty much complete and functioning at this point so I'll soon be continuing work on my band stuff where the end result will be a 2-disc set with a surround mix and assorted video extras...no particular release date in mind yet (it'll be done when there's no more to be done). I'm loving having 5.1 in my life on a daily basis and very inspired by all the new music (to me) that's been in the in-tray for so long. Glad you liked the Dorothee album. She'll almost certainly be appearing on the band album and I look forward greatly to recording with her again.

Well, my studio is pretty much complete and functioning at this point so I'll soon be continuing work on my band stuff where the end result will be a 2-disc set with a surround mix and assorted video extras...no particular release date in mind yet (it'll be done when there's no more to be done). I'm loving having 5.1 in my life on a daily basis and very inspired by all the new music (to me) that's been in the in-tray for so long. Glad you liked the Dorothee album. She'll almost certainly be appearing on the band album and I look forward greatly to recording with her again.

Pardon my ignorance, Martin--is the "band" you're talking about Afro-Celt Sound System? If so, then hearing anything new--or old!--from you guys in 5.1 would be a real treat.

Someone on another thread hepped me to the Dorothee Munyaneza album just a week or so ago, and it's wonderful.

Pardon my ignorance, Martin--is the "band" you're talking about Afro-Celt Sound System? If so, then hearing anything new--or old!--from you guys in 5.1 would be a real treat.

Someone on another thread hepped me to the Dorothee Munyaneza album just a week or so ago, and it's wonderful.
It's a follow-on from ACSS with the entire 2015 lineup under a different name. If it's of any interest I told the story of how this came about in a post a while back - here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...to-now-in-surround-volume-2.20127/post-407408

I hadn't realised that was what had happened, seen ACSS many times over the years, all the albums I have are Volume 1-3. What will the new band be called?
ACSS-wise there were actually two further albums on Real World ('Seed' and 'Anatomic') plus a remix album ('Pod') that had a bonus DVD with a 5.1 mix of 'North' on it. When we reconvened in 2010 there a double Best-Of album ('Capture') was released. I can recommend that - I worked on the remastering with Andy Jackson at his Tube Mastering studio and it came out much improved in comparison to the original 'louder-is-better' Metropolis masters.

The name of the new band will be revealed when the album is finished and we're ready to launch it.

So glad to see this release get some attention! I actually directed all the videos on the DVD. Can't believe it was 20 years ago. Jonatha was way ahead of her time with DVD-A and 5.1 surround.

Wonderful to know the people involved with this release are part of the QQ community. Hope we get to hear (and see) more of your work.

On a related note (from upthread): I just ordered a copy of Dorothee Munyaneza's record from @martin russell 's Luminary Records site--but at ten quid, with shipping to the US, I worry that he'll be losing money!

So glad to see this release get some attention! I actually directed all the videos on the DVD. Can't believe it was 20 years ago. Jonatha was way ahead of her time with DVD-A and 5.1 surround.
A copy is on its way to the UK from Germany, and good to know a QQer was involved (y)

Back