HiRez Poll Jones, Norah - COME AWAY WITH ME [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Norah Jones - COME AWAY WITH ME

• Total voters
When Analogue Productions released a batch of Norah Jones SACDs, Come Away With Me was actually remastered correcting the out of phase issue.
<hand in the air>
? The 'LFE corrected phase' SACD is only available in the 6 SACD Box Set ?

Edit 6/18/2020:
4-earredwonder - Thank You for the reply below. I used your Acoustic Sounds link and decided on the AP SACD Box Set to replace my Blue Note SACD and RBCDs of the other Norah Jones titles. Thanks Again.

Last edited:
Crank up the rears 3db or so and it’s not so bad. Yes, they could have done more, but it does fit the music It IS the sort or album you just want to be “fuller” and not have stuff popping out all over the place. And it is better sounding than just the stereo version.

Yes. The album is filled with songs most of us don’t really need to ever hear again, but it isn’t Norah’s or the album’s fault that it caught fire and sold 20 bazillion copies and we all pretty much got sick of it. This generation’s “Tapestry” I suppose? So I won’t give low marks for that.

I’ll give an “8” Content is a “10”. Fidelity is “10”. Couple of points off for lackluster surround mix that should have been louder in the rears at the very least
Could not have said it better. The Tapesty analogy hit me while I was listening to the SACD - before I read your review. My first reaction to the mix, other than the comments already made here, was being puzzled by the decision to keep her voice OUT of the center channel completely! Isn't that a primary purpose of the center channel?? BUT as I listened more I did realize that the intent may have been to her voice surround the listener. It's a disc I very much enjoy and am pleased to recently add it my surround collection - - for when I am in that mood. Her live streams during the pandemic have been a joy to watch.

Could not have said it better. The Tapesty analogy hit me while I was listening to the SACD - before I read your review. My first reaction to the mix, other than the comments already made here, was being puzzled by the decision to keep her voice OUT of the center channel completely! Isn't that a primary purpose of the center channel?? BUT as I listened more I did realize that the intent may have been to her voice surround the listener. It's a disc I very much enjoy and am pleased to recently add it my surround collection - - for when I am in that mood. Her live streams during the pandemic have been a joy to watch.
Norah is always a joy to watch. :)

Back