Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joni to present at the Grammys:
https://nyti.ms/3rhPacn

Something to REALLY look forward to, humprof. Just watched the newly released Criterion 4K remaster of Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ and in all her radiance, a fresh scrubbed faced Joni Mitchell performed with utmost self assurance and she was a genuine beauty in her day

R.355d8bee46dfef9e7726db63ed631682

Last edited:
Another vote from me for a Joni Quadio set.

Hey now.... wouldn't that be a great schtick for the Quadio Program? Each boxed set offer FOUR Quad albums, like the Doobies set.

Joni had two released and supposedly one unreleased. If they could dig up another unreleased, and baby makes four.... that would be cool.

If they could kick Don Henley in the teeth and do the same with Eagles Debut, Desperado, Border and Nights.... there's four. (We already have Hotel).

There's four Johnny Winters'.... three released, and one not. (Not sure who controls his catalog anymore).

Easily do four Edgar Winters' between the released and not....

Mac Davis?

Loggins & Messina? (Self-titled, Full Sail, Native Sons, maybe an unreleased fourth title?)

Paul Simon (Bridge, Self, Rhymin' and Still Crazy...)

Jim Croce .... if only. I know, I'm dreaming on that one.

Hey now.... wouldn't that be a great schtick for the Quadio Program? Each boxed set offer FOUR Quad albums, like the Doobies set.

Joni had two released and supposedly one unreleased. If they could dig up another unreleased, and baby makes four.... that would be cool.

If they could kick Don Henley in the teeth and do the same with Eagles Debut, Desperado, Border and Nights.... there's four. (We already have Hotel).

There's four Johnny Winters'.... three released, and one not. (Not sure who controls his catalog anymore).

Easily do four Edgar Winters' between the released and not....

Mac Davis?

Loggins & Messina? (Self-titled, Full Sail, Native Sons, maybe an unreleased fourth title?)

Paul Simon (Bridge, Self, Rhymin' and Still Crazy...)

Jim Croce .... if only. I know, I'm dreaming on that one.
Didn’t realize the Eagles debut and Desperado had quad releases, that would make a fantastic quadio set.

Thanks for the info, so similar to Joni in that regard. Makes me wonder of all the quads that were done and never released. Wasn’t there one going to be done for Hotel California but was scrapped?
Though it was never formally announced like the Debut or Desperado, most people assumed it would happen. But even the stereo album didn't hit store shelves until December of '76.... and we're pretty sure Warners had cancelled their Quad program by then.

That appearance by Joni brought tears to my eyes because, even though my politics don't necessarily agree with hers, these days, I still love her.

Doug
Funny, I was listening to the original Both Sides, Now last night and was welling up at how beautiful she sounded. No one writes songs like that anymore.

Sad, in a way, but happy she made it through her ordeal.

Doug

My wife was shocked by Liza Minelli, in a wheelchair and confused, presenting an award with Lady Gaga at the Oscars.

As I get older, I try not to look in mirrors and see my grandfathers staring back at me.

Older women, especially, I have to give a standing ovation, like the crowd did for Liza, when they can show up, without any apology.

My wife was shocked by Liza Minelli, in a wheelchair and confused, presenting an award with Lady Gaga at the Oscars.

As I get older, I try not to look in mirrors and see my grandfathers staring back at me.

Older women, especially, I have to give a standing ovation, like the crowd did for Liza, when they can show up, without any apology.

Yes, Liza was a [bit] confused. High time someone released her startling 2 disc TELARC set LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL. I believe Concord Records now controls the TELARC catalog ..... and remix it for 5.1 surround on BD~A?

Liza Minnelli at Carnegie Hall Live Edition by Minnelli, Liza (1990) Audio CD

Funny, I was listening to the original Both Sides, Now last night and was welling up at how beautiful she sounded. No one writes songs like that anymore.
The version of "Both Sides Now" on her orchestral 'best of' album (also named Both Sides Now) which is on a DVD-A is much slower, with her older 'smoky' voice and a beautiful orchestral arrangement. One of my favorite quad discs

Back