Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was trying to connect the dots here: Benjamin Wallfisch is a film composer, and The Mix Lab is part of his Scoring Lab, which focuses primarily on film scoring. His sister Joanna is a singer-songwriter who's a known Joni Mitchell fan.
https://blujazzakron.ticketleap.com/joni-mitchell-reimagined-10-26-2016/detailshttps://www.siskiyoumusicproject.com/event/joanna-wallfisch-beyond-joni-mitchell/https://joannawallfisch.bandcamp.com/track/all-i-want
And then the Hoffman post that @Clement linked to confirmed that "Joni has been in the studio... mixing some albums for Atmos!" O mein Gott im Himmel...

Last edited:
A couple of the money shots:

287025126_537868824427763_7115182409591577261_n.jpg

286595678_537868907761088_6425473924891236957_n.jpg

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's entirely possible the Atmos content will be limited to streaming delivery (as was the case with several recent box sets, including Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All The Rest and STP's Tiny Music). Exciting news in any case!
Sadly you're probably correct, but could IAA get them as downloads?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's entirely possible the Atmos content will be limited to streaming delivery (as was the case with several recent box sets, including Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All The Rest and STP's Tiny Music). Exciting news in any case!

That occurred to me, too. (I didn't want to say it out loud!) Still, discs could happen. The first two volumes of Archives didn't include Blu-Rays, but then again, there was no need for them. In any case, I can totally see Joni being a "Spatial Audio Featured Artist" on Apple Music.

Wooooow their site is awful, it's hard to even browse! It's cute that they *deign* to let me use their service without an Apple™ device, but honestly a streaming-only release might be worse than nothing at all. How do I go about ripping Atmos tracks from this? Can I, even? Is the file size massive? Do these Atmos tracks have TrueHD(or even DD) compatibility streams included?

Sorry to hear you don't like streaming, but some of us enjoy having new surround content to listen to on a near-weekly basis. It's certainly better than no release at all.
Sounds awesome; what doesn't is having to pay a netflix subscription(also bad) a month for the privilege of being able to download tracks, and then have to use external software to strip the DRM off the files so I can play my legally acquired music in places other than a digital walled garden.

It's like they thought AACS and such on Bluray wasn't enough...

Wooooow their site is awful, it's hard to even browse! It's cute that they *deign* to let me use their service without an Apple™ device, but honestly a streaming-only release might be worse than nothing at all. How do I go about ripping Atmos tracks from this? Can I, even? Is the file size massive? Do these Atmos tracks have TrueHD(or even DD) compatibility streams included?

the Atmos mixes of "Kind of Blue" and "Sketches of Spain" were released
and i directed you to one of the options where those Atmos mixes are currently available.

if that option doesn't work for you, that's unfortunate but there you go, that's the form they're in at this point. maybe they will appear in future on disc or something so you can rip it, i don't know.

Back