Joni Mitchell?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Atmos mixes of "Kind of Blue" and "Sketches of Spain" were released
and i directed you to one of the options where those Atmos mixes are currently available.

if that option doesn't work for you, that's unfortunate but there you go, that's the form they're in at this point. maybe they will appear in future on disc or something so you can rip it, i don't know.
I don't need a disc per se, but I feel I do need a way to listen to music that is not beholden to the whims of record execs and streaming companies. I wonder how many albums will be outright lost when this current wave of Atmos "enthusiasm" dies and it's decided that atmos versions of albums aren't worth keeping on the server. No streaming service lasts forever.

I may be the last Joni Mitchell and/or Steely Dan fan in the world to hear about it, but SD's cover of "Carey"--originally done ca. 2001 for a tribute album that Joni nixed--leaked this morning. I'd given up hope of ever hearing this. Go to 18:00. (It's also on YouTube in several versions. Until Donald Fagen's lawyers take them down, anyway.)
https://www.mixcloud.com/PittsburghFreeFormRadio/steve-acri-freeform-show-19-772022/
(Edit, later in the day: Rolling Stone & Stereogum now reporting on the leak. No other news beyond what's long been known about the track, though.)

Last edited:
I may be the last Joni Mitchell and/or Steely Dan fan in the world to hear about it, but SD's cover of "Carey"--originally done ca. 2001 for a tribute album that Joni nixed--leaked this morning. I'd given up hope of ever hearing this. Go to 18:00. (It's also on YouTube in several versions. Until Donald Fagen's lawyers take them down, anyway.)
https://www.mixcloud.com/PittsburghFreeFormRadio/steve-acri-freeform-show-19-772022/
(Edit, later in the day: Rolling Stone & Stereogum now reporting on the leak. No other news beyond what's long been known about the track, though.)
I can see why it was never released, sure doesn't work for me, just sounds kind of cheesy -ahhgg.

https://www.mixcloud.com/PittsburghFreeFormRadio/steve-acri-freeform-show-19-772022/...
I was super curious to hear this, but now that I have, IMHO, it is, how do you say, "not good."

Joni made a surprise appearance at the Newport Folk Festival yesterday!

B93-BD296-8297-481-F-888-C-E7-B49-F9-AE960.jpg

Blue was one of the first LPs I bought back then; and remains one of my all time favs.
Buckets of tears shed from that one album alone all these years, so I am a wreck this morning.

I thought maybe she'd done one song, but a whole set 🤯

Cool seeing Joni laughing and smiling while everyone else is balling their eyes out 😂

Just amazing. Has anybody seen a complete personnel listing of all the "friends" of Brandi Carlile who were on stage?

For most of the set I thought Joni was chairbound--and I figured everybody else stayed seated out of respect (and to approximate the "Joni Jams" that Carlile has apparently been organizing in Joni's living room). And then she stood up to play "Just Like This Train" on guitar and I was floored. (She told CBS News that she re-learned how to play, after the aneurysm, by watching videos of herself on YouTube and studying the fingering!) I was also worried that her voice was shot and that the others were covering for her--until "Summertime," which was achingly beautiful. Maybe we'll get one more album out of her yet!

Has anybody seen a complete personnel listing of all the "friends" of Brandi Carlile who were on stage?
Responding to my own question (with an assist from The Boot). I don't think this is a complete list, but here's a partial one: Carlile’s bandmates Phil and Tim Hanseroth, Wynonna Judd, Allison Russell, Celisse Henderson, Jess Wolfe & Holly Laessig of Lucius, Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes, Marcus Mumford, and Blake Mills.

Back